Power Tool Suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to get the Record BS300 bandsaw and been looking for the best price. Most seem to be selling at £749 including carriage. There's a company called Data Power Tools who are selling at £699 inc carriage so just wondered if anyone has had any dealings with them.
I appreciate that £50 shouldn't be a deal breaker but being a pensioner I'm thinking it would buy the three tuffsaw blades that Ian suggested would be a good start for me.

Never used them but a quick giggle shows they are based in wales and have been on the go for 50 year's.

Bought my first wood working tools from them 20 years ago, really good service, much better kitted out showrooms than when I bought from them, I don’t live in Cardiff now but it’s on my list of places to visit when I get back.
Look on their site you can have a virtual tour around the store

Hi, I'm looking to get the Record BS300 bandsaw and been looking for the best price. Most seem to be selling at £749 including carriage. There's a company called Data Power Tools who are selling at £699 inc carriage so just wondered if anyone has had any dealings with them.
I appreciate that £50 shouldn't be a deal breaker but being a pensioner I'm thinking it would buy the three tuffsaw blades that Ian suggested would be a good start for me.

Hi Sapper
I bought the Record 12” but should have bought the 14”. However, you should also get the pedal mover and fit it in the base if you need to move the saw around. Being a bit oldish there was no way I could lift the saw onto the stand. I borrowed two strapping lads and with a length of 4”x2” they lifted the saw onto the 4 bolts onto the assembled base in seconds with not a scratch. No complaints with the saw as it works just fine.

Hi Sapper
I bought the Record 12” but should have bought the 14”. However, you should also get the pedal mover and fit it in the base if you need to move the saw around. Being a bit oldish there was no way I could lift the saw onto the stand. I borrowed two strapping lads and with a length of 4”x2” they lifted the saw onto the 4 bolts onto the assembled base in seconds with not a scratch. No complaints with the saw as it works just fine.
Hi,
Thanks for the response mate, appreciate that. You see the pedal mover already fitted to the legs in their advert, so from what you say, it comes as a seperate item doe's it?
Just one other thing, would it be possible for you to tell me what the working heigth of the table is from the floor please. I've already got a good set of steering jockey wheels I could make a moveable stand with ,but they're about 8"" diameter which I think will maybe be too big?

Hi,
Thanks for the response mate, appreciate that. You see the pedal mover already fitted to the legs in their advert, so from what you say, it comes as a seperate item doe's it?
Just one other thing, would it be possible for you to tell me what the working heigth of the table is from the floor please. I've already got a good set of steering jockey wheels I could make a moveable stand with ,but they're about 8"" diameter which I think will maybe be too big?
Just over 3 ft from floor to table. The one you are looking at is not in the new Record Core Range Catalogue, but D&M Tools in Twickenham has them in stock. The pedal unit was extra when I bought it. There are wheels on the standard stand but it is very heavy to without the pedal device. As I only have a small workshop I have to move the bandsaw out of the way often.

Just over 3 ft from floor to table. The one you are looking at is not in the new Record Core Range Catalogue, but D&M Tools in Twickenham has them in stock. The pedal unit was extra when I bought it. There are wheels on the standard stand but it is very heavy to without the pedal device. As I only have a small workshop I have to move the bandsaw out of the way often.
Thanks for that mate, you're a champ(y)

Hi,
When I bought mine it the stand / wheels were included? Ask the supplier.

Latest posts

Back