Power Polisher ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
I need advice about buying a power Polisher. I've got my eye on the Fein WPO 12-27E Polisher from Axminster but I've never owned anything made by Fein and was wondering if it is a good and reliable make or should I choose another make altogether. It'll be used for wood polishing and sanding tasks as my ancient elbows are no longer upto the job :roll: :)

Thanks all.

Hey up, Dog. Long time, no woof. :D

Polishers are a closed book to me, but FWIW I understand Fein to be top notch stuff. Of course I may have misunderstood... :?

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf, you've been busy, the last time I was here you'd just past 100 posts :D

Thanks for your reply but if anyone else can suggest any other make of polisher, other than those 'budget might-not-scratch-your-car-bonnet-if-your-lucky-£20-efforts' it'd be much appreciated :wink:

J.T.

Hi Dog,

I tried one once when waxing a lot of sycamore. I found it to be a complete nightmare - lumpy bits all over the place and hard build-ups. Had to get the scraper to it and do it all over again proper like.
Haven't touched it since. It might just be my terrible technique, but I couldn't get on with it at all!
The guys in Finishing Advice are your best shot, I reckon.

Steve

I own both

The Feinn is top notch stuff, but if you have anything bit to polish it'll take a age!

I also have a car polisger £30 Halfords that I use for waxing my floor and doors itand that also does a job!

Thanks both :) I did try a neoprene pad and bonnet that fits onto a standard M14mm angle grinder thread but as an angle grinder spins at upto 10,000 rpm where as a polisher spins upto 3000 rpm max it did more harm than good trying to polish wood plus it vibrated some much I should imagine it would be the equivilant of trying to have a bit of fun with the mrs. on top of a washing machine in full spin....hmmm, now that is an idea :lol:

Latest posts

Back