Power feeder for router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
This weekend I became the proud owner of a router table

photo by mcluma, on Flickr

And whilst using it this weekend on some long boards (making my own skirting and architrave mouldings) I wondered if a powerfeed would make the cut any better, it would make it easier that for sure.

So has anybody done it.. - I mean put a power feeder on their router table - i've seen plenty on Spindle moulders

Yep, I've got one on mine and I'm sure there's plenty others. I've got the co-matic baby feed.

It's faster, safer and gives better results. You should be able to get one for about £250 now

Is that the Record table with a gas strut counterbalance for the heavy bit? If it is, any chance you could measure the closed length of the strut, and the positions where it/they attach? Reason for asking is that my (more or less identical) Ryobi version pre-dates the gas struts and the top is b****y heavy to lift. So was thinking of trying to retro-fit gas struts.
Unfortunately, Record don't help if you want to do this.

I sometimes use one on my router table. Carefull positioning of the powerfeed from the spindle allows it to be used and is usefull for climb cutting to get clean mouldings on difficult timbers. Ive got the same table but branded ryobi like Dicks I think you would be pushed for space to get a power feed attached behind the fence plus it will have to swing up with the table and be very heavy so you might have to rig up some kind of side or rear extension table to mount the powerfeed. The first thing i did was to ditch the fences on the router table and replace with a solid hardwood one.

Cheers

Jon

does anyone have a link for this mini power feed?? thanks

MickCheese":3jd29uc8 said:
sometimewoodworker":3jd29uc8 said:
PETERG":3jd29uc8 said:
does anyone have a link for this mini power feed?? thanks
here you are £254.17 Ex VAT

http://lmgtfy.com/(Let Me Google That For You) never seen that before, fantastic, will get a lot of use out of that.

Thanks

Mick
Thanks. I use it in cases like this when the person asking just can't be bothered to enter the really simple search. And it does make the point nicely doesn't it? (hammer)

Back