• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!
  • If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Power feed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for a smallish power feed for a machine that I'm working on, prefer 240v but three phase would be ok.

PAC1

Journeyman
Reaction score
How smallish. I have the ITech AF34 which is good but heavy. I have it on a tilt bracket supported by hydraulic arms which works well. The biggest complaint I have is the speeds. If I were looking again the slowest speed on mine would be the fasted I would want. I would then want several slower speeds. If you think about it often we work at a slow walking speed so 1m/sec is actually quite fast especially if you are machining large sections. Comatic seem good

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
Good point it needs to have a good range of feed speeds I'll have to try and work out what the ideal would be to suit the rest of the process.

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
The biggest complaint I have is the speeds. If I were looking again the slowest speed on mine would be the fasted I would want. I would then want several slower speeds.
It might be worth you looking at whether you can swap the gears out for a better matching ratio to suit what you're doing with the feed.

I like the ITech feeder units, pretty well made even compared to the much higher-end and more expensive models.

Latest posts