Potential cost saving on filter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
During online searching this item poped up, a Festool 203759 Main Filter for the CTL 26 & CTL 36 and at £48 plus VAT, this looks just like an automotive airfilter and if people want to save money then take one down to somewhere that sells automotive parts and if it can be matched then I bet you will save more than 50%.

A good point. The standard filter is listed by Axminster at £46.80 inc VAT but the HEPA version, which I like to have is even more pricey at nearly £66. I have toyed with the idea of finding an alternative for that, maybe starting with the basic filter material but got no further. If anyone out there has expertise in this area so far as either variety of filter is concerned, I am sure there are a lot of us who would love to know. I'm sure Spectric is right in implying that Festool use generic filters rather than having them made to their own size specs.

Jim

many filter companies have large list of filter..all on line....they can get a bit wondering tho.....
so if you have the inner and outer dia's and the hight they will give you a part number...
often if you look a bit harder there will be conversion chart for equiv filters from other factories.....
I the past have used this to great effect.....because some of the vehicles and machines I have repaired are not listed....

Back