Potato Patahto

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Not sure if this is going to readable, just wanted to share all the wild events we get here in the countryside.

potato.jpg

Attachments

• potato.jpg
    potato.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 696
There ain't a way you can't cook taters that is not a miracle. And fruit gets all the credit. What can you do. People like a bit of drama.

phil.p":2xxi9nra said:
Trainee neophyte":2xxi9nra said:
Besides: Chips. Mash. Roasted Potatoes. Rostis for pretentious people, Stargazie Pie. What's not to love?

No tatties in stargazy, my 'ansome. :D

I'm from Bodmin, not Newlyn, so it's nasty foreign muck to me, but https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargazy_pie
Stargazy pie (sometimes called starrey gazey pie, stargazey pie and other variants) is a Cornish dish made of baked pilchards (or sardines), along with eggs and potatoes,

Each farming village here has its own vegetable festival. Strawberry for one.
One village has a kolokasi festival.
I just hope they dont copy the helston flower festival tradition of throwing them at each other :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just cant work out the last line of that advert...
"You will have the time of your life"
Hey, I'm not THAT sad :roll: :roll: 8)

Trainee neophyte":3ojb7fo0 said:
phil.p":3ojb7fo0 said:
Trainee neophyte":3ojb7fo0 said:
Besides: Chips. Mash. Roasted Potatoes. Rostis for pretentious people, Stargazie Pie. What's not to love?

No tatties in stargazy, my 'ansome. :D

I'm from Bodmin, not Newlyn, so it's nasty foreign muck to me, but https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargazy_pie
Stargazy pie (sometimes called starrey gazey pie, stargazey pie and other variants) is a Cornish dish made of baked pilchards (or sardines), along with eggs and potatoes,
I won't argue on that except to say I've never seen a recipe containing potatoes. :D

Well I love my potatoes & judging by this one I dug up the feelings mutual :lol: :lol:

8509A89E-5CDE-41FB-98CE-30EEDAB14C2B.jpeg

Attachments

• 8509A89E-5CDE-41FB-98CE-30EEDAB14C2B.jpeg
    8509A89E-5CDE-41FB-98CE-30EEDAB14C2B.jpeg
    882.6 KB · Views: 268
ZippityNZ":3d61kgjz said:
My second favourite vegetable to grow.

Second only to garlic.

:D :D

How do you grow good garlic? I bought proper garlic cloves for planting last Autumn.The largest I harvested was about the size of a marble.

whiskywill":4dchbiyi said:
How do you grow good garlic? I bought proper garlic cloves for planting last Autumn.The largest I harvested was about the size of a marble.

I got early purple wight from the Isle of Wight Garlic Farm. Grew good size cloves, no special treatment. (BF&B before planting, ensure they dont get too dry in the hot weather, yada, yada).
And then there is Elephant Garlic.......

Latest posts

Back