pot belly stove help.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening, can anyone help me and tell me if there is any foil tape that is really heat resistant. I have fitted a stove and need to seal a couple of joints in the stainless flue and wanted to know if anyone knows of any such tape? The flue gets way too hot to touch so the tape needs to be the proper stuff. Any help appreciated.
Cheers,
Jonathan.

Hi Johnnyboy, fire cement is the stuff for the job.

I have a pot belly waiting to be installed, how did you go through the roof? Did you use a section of twinwall flue? if so did you have any trouble joining the two? and how did you seal it on the outside?

RobertMP":2hrxhzrj said:
exhaust bandage for car exhaust repairs?

Do they still sell this stuff? I thought it had been made illegal, as it didn't constitut a 'proper repair' and was adding to the eco problem!

I'm prob'ly wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone in lah-lah land would think up such a new law.

:D
John

Fire cement is designed for the job , about £4 from b&q :wink: Thats what i have used on mine , i also cut a larger than needed hole in the roof and built up the gap using the fire cement , HTH

Back