posting tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I used this company the other day. https://inpost.co.uk I booked the delivery, emailed the label and received a parcel at home. The other party said it was easy enough to drop off.

It works as a locker one end and a delivery or collection to a door the other, so locker to door, or collection from a door delivery to a locker.

I mention it because it was handy- uses the lockers at the local supermarket, but mainly because they are mainly interested in size. Other couriers get excited about small but heavy parcels such as tools.

for a large locker, for £7.02,

Maximum Parcel Weight - 20 kg
Maximum Parcel Length - 0.64 m
Maximum Parcel Width - 0.38 m
Maximum Parcel Height - 0.38 m

medium locker just under £6

Maximum Parcel Height - 0.19 m

just over a fiver

Maximum Parcel Height - 0.08 m

the usual caveats apply, probably only as good as the local driver etc. insured up to £20, you can increase this at a cost.

I've never seen that before and always wondered how it works.

Certainly looks good.

Only £3.12 to post using them today :D

Very helpful. Having the buyer sort the post and my dropping off is what I’d prefer so I will keep these details and can send a buyer the link. It just seems a little less hassle.

Thank you for the information

A long 2 minutes with a Drummond lathe under your arm though

For those who don't have a locker nearby I have had good success with parcel2go

Usually use Hermes who get a bad rap from some but personally I have never had any issues.

I usually drop off as they collect from the shop at the end of my road so only a short walk, saves me waiting around for collection.
If it's heavy though I pay the extra quid or so and have them pick it up.

I found the with Hermes and p2go, that p2go wanted a weight, yet Hermes only wanted a weight band, eg 5-10kgs etc. not sure whether it made much difference if you used p2go and were a bit over but still in the same band with the actual courier.

I've used Collect+ recently. They have a collection point at my nearest corner shop. Good rates.
Brian

it does make you wonder how we managed a few years ago. now every corner shop seems to be a drop off point for one courier or another, and there are (limited) options if you order something and know that you will be out.

I prefer to use DPD (via Parcel2Go). The dropoff point is handy, and they provide very good delivery information, ie a timed 1-hour slot. Personally I hate hanging around for a courier who will (may) appear sometime between 08:00 and 21:00 - very helpful (not). The Hermes guy is good though - he knows where to leave stuff.

Royal mail is my least preferred service. Both for sending and receiving.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I sent my first parcel, woodworking cramps, yesterday via InPost. I found getting the machine to scan the bar code a bit tricky but that I will get used to. The quoted price on their website did vary a bit depending on when I checked but just over 5 £5 for a small sized parcel, weighing 2.5 kilos. Have asked the recipient to let me know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back