• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

posting tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

marcros

(Trevanion)+1
Reaction score
I used this company the other day. https://inpost.co.uk I booked the delivery, emailed the label and received a parcel at home. The other party said it was easy enough to drop off.

It works as a locker one end and a delivery or collection to a door the other, so locker to door, or collection from a door delivery to a locker.

I mention it because it was handy- uses the lockers at the local supermarket, but mainly because they are mainly interested in size. Other couriers get excited about small but heavy parcels such as tools.

for a large locker, for £7.02,

Maximum Parcel Weight - 20 kg
Maximum Parcel Length - 0.64 m
Maximum Parcel Width - 0.38 m
Maximum Parcel Height - 0.38 m

medium locker just under £6

Maximum Parcel Height - 0.19 m

just over a fiver

Maximum Parcel Height - 0.08 m

the usual caveats apply, probably only as good as the local driver etc. insured up to £20, you can increase this at a cost.

Garno

Grumpy Old Git
Reaction score
I've never seen that before and always wondered how it works.

Certainly looks good.

Only £3.12 to post using them today :D

Lindas

Established Member
Reaction score
Very helpful. Having the buyer sort the post and my dropping off is what I’d prefer so I will keep these details and can send a buyer the link. It just seems a little less hassle.

Thank you for the information

Lindas

Established Member
Reaction score
Drop off point just up the road, 2 minutes walk, perfect.

marcros

(Trevanion)+1
Reaction score
A long 2 minutes with a Drummond lathe under your arm though

Rorschach

Agent Provocateur
Reaction score
For those who don't have a locker nearby I have had good success with parcel2go

Usually use Hermes who get a bad rap from some but personally I have never had any issues.

I usually drop off as they collect from the shop at the end of my road so only a short walk, saves me waiting around for collection.
If it's heavy though I pay the extra quid or so and have them pick it up.

marcros

(Trevanion)+1
Reaction score
I found the with Hermes and p2go, that p2go wanted a weight, yet Hermes only wanted a weight band, eg 5-10kgs etc. not sure whether it made much difference if you used p2go and were a bit over but still in the same band with the actual courier.

Yojevol

Clocking on
Reaction score
I've used Collect+ recently. They have a collection point at my nearest corner shop. Good rates.
Brian

marcros

(Trevanion)+1
Reaction score
it does make you wonder how we managed a few years ago. now every corner shop seems to be a drop off point for one courier or another, and there are (limited) options if you order something and know that you will be out.

boardgamer

Established Member
Reaction score
I prefer to use DPD (via Parcel2Go). The dropoff point is handy, and they provide very good delivery information, ie a timed 1-hour slot. Personally I hate hanging around for a courier who will (may) appear sometime between 08:00 and 21:00 - very helpful (not). The Hermes guy is good though - he knows where to leave stuff.

sammy.se

Established Member
Reaction score
Royal mail is my least preferred service. Both for sending and receiving.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Lindas

Established Member
Reaction score
I sent my first parcel, woodworking cramps, yesterday via InPost. I found getting the machine to scan the bar code a bit tricky but that I will get used to. The quoted price on their website did vary a bit depending on when I checked but just over 5 £5 for a small sized parcel, weighing 2.5 kilos. Have asked the recipient to let me know how it goes.

Graham Orm

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Marcros, long time since we spoke. I've had some success using Hermes recently. They have been reliable (Just cursed it), and a realistic price. Also their website is easy to use.
More importantly to me they collect from my front door as I can't get out any more. https://new.myhermes.co.uk/index.html?redirect