• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Posting problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it me? Trying to post a new topic in hand tools, and then buying advice, and then general woodworking, and keep getting a "500 Internal Server Error" :(

Cheers, Alf

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Alf

I've checked and other people have been able to start new threads since your post.

Sorry I can't do anymore, we'll have to wait for Charley.

Cheers
Neil

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Neil, the plan worked....Great idea.......

Noel

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Noely":1y496sfq said:
Hey Neil, the plan worked....Great idea.......

Noel
:?:

Anyway I'm not completely sure Alf. If no one else is having the problem It might be a local problem your end. Maybe your ISP were having problems? Or maybe the server had a slight problem at the time you were trying to post.

Please keep me updated, I'll have a look into it...

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Charley":35jwuu5q said:
It might be a local problem your end. Maybe your ISP were having problems? Or maybe the server had a slight problem at the time you were trying to post....
Maybe time to delete that UK_workshop cookie of the hard drive?

Adam

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it must be me then, 'cos I still can't post this bloomin' message. Tried the cookie btw, Adam, but no joy. :( It's on Ian Daziel's behalf and I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't something in his wording, 'cos I couldn't post it on here for one of youse guys to post either. Is that possible? :shock: I'll try tweaking wot he wrote and try again, just in case. Sounds crazy though. Computers, eh? Gotta love 'em... :evil:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Ha, ha, ha-dee, ha-ha btw :p

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Email it me, and I'll have a go then

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
S'okay, Adam, I've radically edited it and it posted just fine. Stupid machines; a pen and paper wouldn't have made such a fuss. :roll: Thanks anyway.

Cheers, Alf

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a spell of not being able to post - no idea why, I wondered about inadvertent control characters in my text but having "laundered" them through Notepad, this did not prove to be the case. Just the diablo ex machina I guess

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf were you copying and pasting in order to enter the text into the new message?
I've seen similar problems at work when users have copy & pasted text from an application into an on-line form.
Pasting the test into excel and using the clean function (removes all non-printable characters) often cures it. Retyping the text onto the form is usually successful too.
Our techies have never fully explained how or why this happens and when a controlled test is set up the fault is not repeatable therefore it becomes a non-documented feature.

Andy

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Andy,

Yep, thought of that. Typed it in painstakingly by hand and it still didn't want to know. Must have been something in there it objected too. I tried typing one word at a time, then previewing until it objected, then deleting the word it objected to and previewing again but that was even inconsistant as it often then had a hissy fit over what was previously acceptable. So that's when I gave up and totally rewrote it! Glad to hear it's not just me thought. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts