posting pictures.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a photo downloaded on the computer but dont know how to post it on here. Does anyone have any easy answers?

jonathan

Jonathan.
Try Alf's tutorial in General chat.
Looking forward to seeing the Uni,as an ex owner of one myself.
Paul.J.

The way i do it is to open up the forum page you want click on post reply then minmize that and open up PB.
Click on browse open the file where your piccy is click on the piccy then click open.Then click upload.
When the piccy as uploaded it will be at the bottom of the page.
Under the piccy you have 4 urls i belueve they are called. Right Click on the 4th one and copy.Then open the UKW page and right click in the reply box and click paste.The url should appaer.
Then click on preview under the reply box to see if the piccy has uploaded.
HTH.
Paul.J.

Sorry Jon.
When you get to the reply box,left click first then right click and paste.

I can't believe i'm explaining this to you i was here not so long back and never had a clue until Alf done her tutorial for Freeshare.
If this fails try Alfs it's got piccys to show how.
Paul.

The problem is, i've got my photo on a different hosting site to the one in Alf's step by step guide and it's all different.

jon

I've had enough, it's doing my head in now!!!.

Jon in photobucket when you are viewing your picture left click where it says IMG Code, it will say copied in a yellow box.
Then go back to UKW and when posting a reply click edit and paste no need to place img before and after photobucket does it for you.

Dom

Jon
I'm new to this as well and also use photobucket. I open photobucket, click on My Gallery in the relevant picture I highlight the contents of the IMG Code box.

I then open a new thread or the thread i want to reply too I right click in the box and past the code into it. If the paste option is still not highlighted try holding the CTRL button and the v key this is the keyboard shortcut for paste and sometimes works when the menu option doesn't.

I hope this helps and I'm not telling you how to suck eggs.

I'm not that experienced with image posting but have not had the problem you describe. fire away with any questions I'll help if i can.

Tom

It's here i've done it!!
jon.
tablesaw-1.jpg

Jon,

I have fixed it for you, you had a tick in the box next to:

Disable BBCode in this post

That stops the forum using the img tags to display the picture.

The only other comment, could you try and resize your pictures to say 600 pixels wide as a maximum as scrolling the screen sideways does not add to the viewing pleasure for most members.

Back