Posting pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluekingfisher

Established Member
Reaction score
Before I launch the iPad through the window, can anyone remind me how to post photographs onto this forum from photobucket please.

Thanks

David

Ah, it's been a while since I posted anything, it never was the easiest forum to post to.
Thanks for responding anyway, Andy

David

edit: As mentioned in the pic posting guide at the top of each forum page.. picture-posting-guide-t63716.html

Long winded but do able without any extra apps.
If the picture is already in Photos on your iPad it will be too large to attach to a UKW post, HOWEVER...
if you go to Photos , select the pic and hit the “Share” button and choose email (the picture to yourself). Before you hit send press the “ image size” ( right hand end of the “send to” line) you can choose what size file to send. Choose small or medium and send. open the email, select the pic with a long press and select “save file” it will at it to your Photos. You can then attach that one because it has been resized.

Just did this on the mrs’s iPad, and yes the dog got more Christmas pressies than the humans #-o

6F396AFF-D1B8-4425-AB93-E9ED1E89A754.jpeg

Attachments

• 6F396AFF-D1B8-4425-AB93-E9ED1E89A754.jpeg
    6F396AFF-D1B8-4425-AB93-E9ED1E89A754.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 597
When will this site get a much needed auto resize update.

Pretty much everyone has smart phones / tablets and I’m sure the hassle to post pics really holds back sharing on here.

@Charley - so when please?

SVB":3223ghdz said:
When will this site get a much needed auto resize update.

Pretty much everyone has smart phones / tablets and I’m sure the hassle to post pics really holds back sharing on here.

@Charley - so when please?
Try using tapatalk. Gone are the days when you need to view the forum in a browser on your phone. Posting pictures are as easy as pushing a few buttons
dcb59ae02dd0a1c391c17a919bf2b9d3.jpg

51167042ff814d0349058ce2a39e0817.jpg

ca65ad3ab3589d7dd493de639f1534de.jpg

Sometimes they upload the wrong way around, but generally it always works as it should.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

swagman":1n8fk2bj said:
AndyT[u:1n8fk2bj said:
":1n8fk2bj]It won't work.
Photobucket is broken. [/u]

There are several long threads discussing other options.

search.php?keywords=Photobucket&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Stick to the facts Andy. The following photo was downloaded from photobucket.

My answer was addressed to the original poster. As we can all see from his avatar pic, he is not paying Photobucket for his account.
I don't know how much you are paying them but I would not recommend anybody to spend anything with such a destructive and unethical company.
They attracted millions of users by offering a free hosting service, then changed the deal, immediately wrecking years of collaborative activity on forums across the world.

SVB":1m1xqdh9 said:
I don't! Quite a fleet of laptops though. All running Linux. I can't imagine trying to do image manipulation, panorama creation or genealogical research on anything other than a proper multi-window OS.

BugBear

I used Photobucket for decades, and had a paid account ($20 p.a. - cheap because I was an early subscriber). My posts from Photobucket continued to be published on forums even after they warned that only the new $400 p.a. subscription was going to be necessary. Recently I received an email to say that my account would revert to "Free" if I did not upgrade to the $400 bargain. If I did not, the publication of my photos would cease.

I decided to keep the account and let it revert to Free. Bloody blackmailers! I am happy to pay for a service, but their cost is unreasonable and was completed in a most unethical manner, imo.

I have transferred my pictures to Postimage (postim.org), which is free. I would be happy to pay them the subscription I was paying Photobucket, but fortunately they only have a free service.

Regards from Perth

Derek

p.s. I see that my avatar is still working. Clearly I have not yet been banished from PB.

Bluekingfisher":oppx8b65 said:
So, is there a simple straight forward means of posting photographs on here or have folks given up on the idea?
I think it doesn't get much easier or user-friendly than Imgur. You get functionality much better than PB ever had and it generates all the link URLs automatically for you like you're used to, so inline images are a doddle:

KwDPlQw.jpg

And it has many other features you may wish to avail of at some point, including captioned galleries.

It does get slow at high-traffic time for the US, but few on our side of the pond will notice that very often.

Back