Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Posting in the for sale section

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Andy_Striker

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All,
I joined this forum about 3 years ago, I don't post just view. Do I have to post another 22 times to be able to sell something? I'm moving to a place that does not have workshop so everything has to go.

I look forward to your advise.
Cheers Andy

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
Andy,

Yes, the For Sale rules require members to have at least 25 posts in order to be able to create new posts in the For Sale forum. Attempts to circumvent the rules, such as openly replying to billw's post above with a list of items, are not allowed.

minilathe22

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Andy_Striker if you have a workshop full of tools you must have some experience, perhaps if you go through some of the latest posts there will be a few you can give an opinion on, and reach 25 posts soon enough without being dishonest.

quintain

Reaction score
Andy,

Yes, the For Sale rules require members to have at least 25 posts in order to be able to create new posts in the For Sale forum. Attempts to circumvent the rules, such as openly replying to billw's post above with a list of items, are not allowed.
Hi Andy and others
I am not a revolutionary but I do consider that rule No1 should be amended using No 8 as its guidance.

Andy_Striker

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
One of the benefits of being a Supporting Member is the ability to bypass the time and required posts numbers. And if you only wanted to do it for a short time, you can do it monthly.

Thank you.
I am a member of a motorcycle forum. We pay £12 per year for that and I have been a member for 20 years with only 300 posts :) so its not just this forum I don't post on. I will upgrade because I'd rather sell to people who have a genuine interest and its my experience that forum members are to be trusted.

Cheers Andy

Beanwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a member of a motorcycle forum. We pay £12 per year for that and I have been a member for 20 years with only 300 posts
That's a really good point - IIRC UKGSER (The motorcycle group I belong to) only allows you to SEE the for sale/wanted section(s) if you're a subscriber. You can read and add to the rest of the forum though.

There's a business model there for you @Angie ;)

Andy_Striker

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Does Admin need to update my profile now I have become a site supporter before I can get access to the for sale section?

quintain

Reaction score
I hadn't realised that - the cost seems quite a reasonable cost for selling a lot of kit!
Thanks, Beanwood & others
I didn't realise either.
I suppose if all else fails I should read the rules.
BTW I don't have anything to sell.

Best regards to all on this interesting, instructive and supportive forum

NickVanBeest

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Following with interest, I hope you will have shipping options :cool:

But sad that you have to clear it out...