Posting help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
How do I do the following:
1. add Sketchup drawing to a post?
2. when responding to an existing topic copy the relevant section from an earlier post so that it includes the name of the person who posted it?
3. when linking to the internet rather than showing the web page address have text in blue, i.e. see this, that when clicked on will open the relevant web page

Charlie Woody":3tylxplv said:
Follow the the guide HERE from the turning section help notes..
2. when responding to an existing topic copy the relevant section from an earlier post so that it includes the name of the person who posted it?
Use the quote button in the right hand corner of the relevant post.
If you want more than one quote from previous posts then open another copy of the thread in a new window and copy and paste quotes from there.

3. when linking to the internet rather than showing the web page address have text in blue, i.e. see this, that when clicked on will open the relevant web page

Enter the url and required Title/Heading in this format.
Code:
[url=https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/post672533.html#p672533]HERE from the turning section help notes.[/url]

CHJ":15p92qy8 said:
Charlie Woody":15p92qy8 said:
Follow the the guide HERE from the turning section help notes..
Charlie Woody said:
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that and it gave me an error message "The extension skb is not allowed." Do I have to save the Sketchup drawing in a different format to allow posting or have I done something wrong?

Charlie Woody":20t9uplv said:
....Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that and it gave me an error message "The extension skb is not allowed." Do I have to save the Sketchup drawing in a different format to allow posting or have I done something wrong?

Yes, it will be necessary to convert the file to one of the more popular compressed image formats.

.JPG, .GIF, .PNG.

CHJ":3lcdjmss said:
Charlie Woody":3lcdjmss said:
....Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that and it gave me an error message "The extension skb is not allowed." Do I have to save the Sketchup drawing in a different format to allow posting or have I done something wrong?

Yes, it will be necessary to convert the file to one of the more popular image formats.

When I try to save the Sketchup it will only allow me to save as skb ..... only options are this with earlier versions of Sketchup. How do I get around this please? I have seen other people attach Sketchup drawings so there must be something that I am doing wrong :(

CHJ":29t4qnj0 said:
Can you get a good enough image by saving a Screen Shot to .jpg?

I have done screen shots of the web, but cannot work out how to do this in Sketchup :(

Boy am I technically challenged or what? On second thoughts maybe don't answer that :lol:

Charlie Woody":1rqqy564 said:
CHJ":1rqqy564 said:

I have done screen shots of the web, but cannot work out how to do this in Sketchup :(

Boy am I technically challenged or what? On second thoughts maybe don't answer that :lol:

Found something by a Google search that worked, which is: In Sketch Up - File, Export, 2D Graphic.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie Woody":12om81u2 said:
CHJ":12om81u2 said:

Usually the 'Print Screen' key on your keyboard will 'copy' whatever is on the screen, regardless of program. so if you hit print screen and then go to a blank page in any drawing program and 'paste' you should have a screenshot. then trim, save etc.

Charlie Woody":2t6j2i60 said:

Enter the url and required Title/Heading in this format.
Code:
[url=https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/post672533.html#p672533]HERE from the turning section help notes.[/url]
[/quote]

I just tried this and I must be doing something wrong as it just showed the web address ...... could someone please explain further how to do this?

Latest posts

Back