Postcrete for a step

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
I have a problem.
During heavy rain the water running down the roadside comes right in my gate.

The previous occupant made holes in the footpath to let it away.

Some of those are now blocked, so now the path is underwater in places and muddy.

Today I cleaned it up and went to town to get some cement to make a dam to direct the water down the road.

In the hardware dept I saw Postcrete,.

Hardens in 5 - 10 mins so they say.

I'm thinking that will stop any worries about it getting wet etc before it hardens.

So I framed up with some 4 by 2 and filled it with postcrete.

It firmed up fast enough.

Will it last?

Only time will tell Artie but i see no reason why not, postcrete is only concrete in a handy bag that takes no mixing or measuring :)

What he said - I have used it for all sorts of jobs from patch repairs to bedding drains never had a problem yet.

I used it for pothole repair in a bridle lathe used for vehicles for three houses. Cars are over it too often for normal concrete, an nobody wanted to spend the money for proper repairs as none of the houses owned the lane.
I used to use a couple of bags in the potholes, and several months of daily traffic later, the postcrete was still intact, and the pothole had extended in length.

After many years there was some 30m of postcrete in a long line still perfect, so a step is no test for it.

As with others have used Postcrete/Fastpost/K-Post etc in all manner of situations. 4/5 quid a bag but well worth it in small areas and setting in literally minutes.

Back