• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Postal rates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Postage rates go up next week. I can't work out whether it's a necessary reality of a dying industry or just suicidal tendencies on the part of the same.
S

Gromit62

Established Member
Reaction score
Might be an idea to think about digital download Steve, cut postage out, that will teach them to fiddle with the postage, but then you might have a bit of trouble with Bristol levers :oops:
Geoff.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Steve,

might not bee too bad for you- they have removed some of the price breaks for small items- a 750g parcel costs less after the end of the month then now. But whereas you used to be able to get a rate for 400g, for example, it will now go into that 750g which might be more than you were. paying.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont know how heavy your packages are, but I too send out a fair few packages of small parts, but not enough to warrant franking. Some could go by courier, but it is a pain to be in all day waiting. Most are £2 to £3 to post. The worst hike is for bog standard letters- the rises on the rest are only a few pence.

I was fearful when I first heard about it, but although it is frustrating, it isnt worrying me too much.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe.
Most of mine goes abroad, and I don't yet know the damage. But I've absorbed every postal rise for 5 years, I'm not sure I can any more.
S

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
might be slightly different. I do a few abroad, but only now and again.