POST YOUR SS GIFTS HERE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Not everyone last year bothered posting their SS gifts, lets see if we can break another record and have everyone doing a nice piccy post.

Hi,

Well here's mine,
DSC_0015.jpg

Cracking bowsaw for coping saw blades, even had UKWorkshop wrapping paper. :D
Thank you secret santa.

Pete

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,892
A stunning marking knife:
mk1.jpg

This is my favourite form of marking knife by far - vee point bevel one side only - flips left to right and gets into corners etc. For years I have preferred the japanese basic one (Axminster) so this is a beautifully made upgrade!
mk2.jpg

Very fine work indeed, excellent blade, precision everywhere, and a very fine handle!
mk3.jpg

The maker even initialled and dated the blade. Very many thanks, it will be my first choice marking knife from now on. And congratulations on such fine workmanship.
(Sorry the pics aren't great, Santa forgot my new Nikon D700 then :( )

Attachments

• mk1.jpg
    mk1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,850
  • mk2.jpg
    mk2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,850
  • mk3.jpg
    mk3.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,866
A beautiful saw and dovetail marking guides. Now I will have to practice like mad to do them justice.

Thank you SS

Attachments

• rsz_saw.jpg
    rsz_saw.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,845
I received this beautiful turned boxwood screwdriver...
Secret Santa 2011 (640x452).jpg

Thankfully it even comes in its own branded leather case so I can say a big thank you to Jimi, ta buddy!

Aidan

Attachments

• Secret Santa 2011 (640x452).jpg
    Secret Santa 2011 (640x452).jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,822
IMG_0498 (Medium).JPG
Hmmm... second attempt (first post seems to have disappeared into the ether!)

Herewith my gift.

I am so thrilled. This is the best awl I have ever seen - which makes it the best awl of all!

I am very grateful to my secret Santa - I cannot find words - stunned into speechlessness!

Liam
:lol: :shock: :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0498 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0498 (Medium).JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,817
My present is an extremely nice handmade carpenters square with brass parts and I think a Rosewood handle? Thank you to my SS. It's just what I needed and I'm really thrilled with it.

Secret santa square copy.jpg

Secret Santa square 2 copy.jpg

EDIT: I've just noticed that there's initials stamped into the base of the handle - RHB.....

Attachments

• Secret santa square copy.jpg
    Secret santa square copy.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,790
  • Secret Santa square 2 copy.jpg
    Secret Santa square 2 copy.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,786
Here is my fantastic present :D

A Record scraper and a Clifton 465 burnisher.

Scraper by Jmaes-C, on Flickr

Thank you so much Secret Santa :ho2 it is fantastic

:deer James :deer

Hello,

I've received a really well made screwdriver set with a turned handle. Looks like it involved both metalwork and turning.Timber is lovely and smooth. Is it Zebrano?

Thanks Tony (Escudo)

Cheers

David

Attachments

• ss screwdriver.jpg
    ss screwdriver.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,701
Greetings to all my forum friends.

Here is a picture of the lovely mallet from my secret santa. Thanks Santa, I am going to have to get my thinking cap on to work out your identity? Thanks also for the kind and thoughtful greetings in your card. Let's hope 2012 is a good year for all of us, especially healthwise.

This event brings out all the best attributes of the forum, and I agree with Waka the gifts this year are great.

David, I am pleased you like your baby screwdriver gift. The turned handle is made from Bocote (Mexican Rosewood). I have use this wood before and it seems to darken in colour with age. It is lovely to turn and polish.

Thanks Waka for all your efforts with this years event, great fun and entertainment.

Cheers, Tony.

Merry Christmas everyone! This year I was a very lucky one, I had TWO SS, due to confusion Waka thought that I might end up with no prezzie this year so he took upon himself to send me one of these

6BB1C69E.jpg

Trust me photo doesn't do it justice this is a thing of beauty and very very comfortable in the hand. I think it might be rosewood, possible a ofcut piece of that beautiful tool cabinet:)? BIG THANK YOU Waka guys like you make this forum great and I hope that I'll get a chance to reprocitate in future.

And then just in time for Christmas I have received another present

A8CA3CDA.jpg

Great read already answered a few questions that have been bothering me for a while, THANKS SS

PS I hope that pictures workout it's been a while since I've sent any

Some lovely gifts this year, as always of course. Well done Waka for the organisation. I hope you have a great Holiday. You deserve it.

I have yet to post pics of my lovely SS gift/s but will do so this evening. Had to rush about taking a poorly cat (Not mine) to the Vet, so things is a bit 'ectic 'ere.

I am glad my SS recipient liked his pressie; It's found a good home. I am sure you'll get some good service from it and I hope it 's okay that I wasn't able to make it myself this year. As I can't take the credit for the fine workmanship, three of us now know the truth :wink:

Enjoy!

Regards and warmest wishes

John :ho2

Here's my gift:

A Great British Tool Company (aka Phil Edwards) Marking Knife in Pau Rosa - beautifully crafted in a lovely wood.

phillymarkingknife.jpg

Many thanks SS

Rod

Like Alex...I was also a lucky boy this year! Total confusion last week when TWO packages arrived, one marked "secret santa" so that was a bit of a give-away...and the other marked "for the 25th of December"....mmm the plot thickens.

So...the official secret santa pour moi this year is these beautiful pens from Jensmith (Jennifer)...

DSC_0095.JPG

One is in "olive maple" and the other acrylic "Arctic Rocks".....some wonderful workmanship and I am really made up with these as I can now officially claim ownership without the rest of the family disappearing with my posh pens!

DSC_0096.JPG

The figuring is wonderful on both the maple and the acrylic...nice work Jennifer...I will cherish them!

My other gift was from my dear buddy Chris who sent me this classic piece of cast steel....

DSC_0097.JPG

...a beautiful antique cast iron hexagonal burnisher....very unusual...so unusual I can find no reference to the design on Google...but it's old...

DSC_0101.JPG

....as we can see from the font! I sharpened a knife with it and I will be doing so again...it was razor sharp after a few strokes!

Thanks Chris!

Cheers guys and gals and

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!

And a HUGE thanks again to WAKA for his superb effort this year!

Jim

And here is my gift, two lovely old moulding planes. I dont have any, so will sit nicely in my collection!

ss247.jpg

Really nice to be part of the event this year. happy Christmas to you all !!

Cheers, Mark

Hi, that is my beautiful gift, a lot of thanks to my SS and thanks to waka, chief of all Santa :ho2

Once I turned a mallet, but mine is a Fiat, this one is a Ferrari! :D

Attachments

• M1.JPG
    M1.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 641
Hi folks,

Here are my SS gifts, from someone with an eye for detail and the ability to produce fine work. In particular the smart pieces of marquetry on each item. Someone's trademark I am sure.

I don't know if my SS knew I am in the process of making a new bench, but theses are ideal ancillaries.
The 'slide' on the shooting board is fashioned from some kind of nylon sheet, and should last a lifetime, as well as being very 'slick', for easy use. I am most grateful and these will have pride of place at my workbench. Many Thanks to my SS

Thanks also to to Waka for all your efforts on behalf of all of us. Full Marks!
Best wishes to everyone for a grand New Year.

John :ho2

Image 004.jpg
Image 003.jpg
Image 001.jpg

Attachments

• Image 001.jpg
    Image 001.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 627
  • Image 002.jpg
    Image 002.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 606
  • Image 003.jpg