post op turning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine

Established Member
Reaction score
Have finally finished a couple of bowls, so thought i would put them on here for all to see.

Attachments

• northernlights.png
    northernlights.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 378
  • yewoct11.png
    yewoct11.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 378
Looks like the enforced break was not all a waste of turning time Elaine, it would seem you have resumed with new purpose and flare.

Lovely couple of pieces. Love the Yew one... my favorite wood.

ps: not seen anything of George F's bowls recently? I used to enjoy looking at them

Melinda_dd":2jttnn0b said:
ps: not seen anything of George F's bowls recently? I used to enjoy looking at them
Inspiring turner, shame about the thin skin. :(

Nice pair of bowls, I'm gonna break with the trend 'cause I really like the 'northern lights' as a piece of art.

thank you all. I love them both and it is my first attempt at using colour on wood, as it was sycamore i thought I would give it a go and i was happy with the result. I must admit that Yew is my favourite wood, it really speaks for itself doesn't it. It is just great to be back doing something i love and I am pleased to also say that nothing more was 'conceived' during my time off, I love being a mum but I am so glad that my life is now my own again :)

Elaine":43bcc8ty said:
I must admit that Yew is my favourite wood, it really speaks for itself doesn't it.

Nice to see you back.

If you happen to be passing by this way (need another holiday?) I have a few tons of yew. I need some space in the barn for something else. PLEASE come and get some!!

Hi Elaine,

Welcome back, hope the new elbow gives years of trouble-free use.

Two really good items. I love the yew with the crisp detail but I am really intrigued by the "northern lights". I am experimenting with colour and texture but still have a lot to learn.

regards,

mikec

Back