Post a pic of something you have recycled

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20210422_135942.jpg
20210422_135956.jpg

A paper storage cabinet and printer stand made from a 1950s dressing table added casters and handles now painted black to go in our craftroom

It was a strange piece of furniture cream finish crackle paint and when i striped it down the top and drawer fronts were 1/2" hardboard , plywood sides and base but hardwood drawer sides and back ,base of drawers 1/8 ply

I'll take some more pics of my Irn Bru crate stool. Consists of an old(Probably 70's crate, resting on 4 concrete filled 500ml irn bru filled drinks cans.

Once I get the workshop tidied I can finish off some projects, that being one of them.

This started life as a 1960s hifi cabinet with tape deck, amp, record deck and storage for LPs and cassettes (remember them?) - the electronic works were all shot so a bit of woodwork and a refurbish French polish to turn it into a "campaign style) drinks cabinet (or other use quirky cabinet).

It's for sale . . . .

DSC01479.JPG
DSC01482.JPG
DSC01481.JPG

This started life as a 1960s hifi cabinet with tape deck, amp, record deck and storage for LPs and cassettes (remember them?) - the electronic works were all shot so a bit of woodwork and a refurbish French polish to turn it into a "campaign style) drinks cabinet (or other use quirky cabinet).

It's for sale . . . .

View attachment 133509
View attachment 133511
View attachment 133510
Morrisons have Bailey's at £9.99 for a litre.
Thought it might help!

Rocket stove with integral water heater for off-grid cooking and water heating for my daughter. Runs on small pieces of wood/sticks etc. Most of this project is made from recycled materials except for some 10mm microbore copper pipe and a bag of vermiculite for insulating the central chimney. The main shell is an old 110v Tea urn, the fuel feed tube is a decommissioned Mapp gas cylinder, the central chimney is a massive core drill, pan support is an old cake tin. The water reservoir is a square plastic bucket which once held apple paste for apple turnovers, encased in reclaimed pallet wood and insulated with some sheep's wool and some polystyrene packaging. Test fired it, fried an egg for lunch while it heated the washing up water. Lots of fun to make/use and it's re-used quite a few things I had laying around waiting to be re-purposed.
rocket stove1crop.jpg

An old stable blew over in an adjacent field, so I built a chicken coup. I knocked out all the dents in the galvanized tin and mainly cut it to miss any tears. The timber was better than any I could buy today, well seasoned and fairly straight. The wheels and axles came from an old victorian chicken house. No chicken yet so stores the scaffold tower etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    334.2 KB · Views: 21
Made a sauna out of two donated large sheds (from local school, made into one good one), a hardwood framed double glazed patio door, our old freezer's door, some strips of steel from the old freezer, a lot of reclaimed insulation, some reclaimed plywood, some end-of-line tiles and two new PVC casement windows found in a glazier's skip (they were the wrong size so customer rejected them).

Some stuff, for obvious health reasons, had to be new, specifically the panelling in the sauna itself (can't use reclaimed timber for that).

This is a simple bench restoration using mahogany from bed slats cut down and shaped to size, stained and weather-sealed. I got the bed slats via our local Freecycle app. I replaced the stay-rod beneath the bench with some 8mm round rod I had around. I have since added a small brass plaque with the words "Maff's Bench" in remembrance to our son Matthew who died in 1998. The bench sits at the bottom of our garden.
20220319_122307.jpg

I had 10 of these doors from a skip about 18 months ago.

2CUjol.jpg

They let me have them for nothing, just to give them more skip space - I dismantled them there and gave them the glass back !

This pic is about 1/4 of the rails, and some of the stiles (arrowed) I ended up with.
2CUXt4.jpg

It's not going to make a kitchen, but for my tiny, weekend projects and chessboard frames it'll last me a while.
2CUWNf.jpg

My neighbour took down his large shed early 2020 and gave me the wood. My wife and I thought it might be a nice idea to make a temporary bar in the garden for our big birthdays (mine 2020, wife's 2022). Didn't know what was coming did we? So it did come in handy for the odd get together with people but of course - no party. We were originally going to call it Dan's Shed because it made out of Dan's shed. But, the local peacock liked to sun himself on it so we named it The Peacock Inn. It coming down end of this summer. Might be something else by next summer.
DSCN4476.JPG

P1000551.JPG

Back