Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made this for our g/grandchildren, as I have only a dewalt tablesaw it took a lot of filing to make the woodpecker shape.
The body is motionless but the head moves.
002.JPG

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 388
Well mine isn't exactly attractive. However I have just made this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413648490.611566.jpg

Basically it's 8 blast gates all connected up. One end will go to my cyclone that is attached to my shop vac. The gates will then connect to my tools and I'll have 1 free for handheld tools etc.

I'll take another photo when it's in place.

The idea was very much nicked from Peter Parfit - so thanks to him.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413648490.611566.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413648490.611566.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 377
A mobile base for my table saw, not the pretty kind of woodworking, but extremely useful since it's hard to move a saw that weighs something like 270kg otherwise. Matthias Wandel gave me the inspiration for the design, I basically copied his design except I had to put everything a bit higher up because it got in the way of the dust port on the left side otherwise, wheels where too big to get it under the dust port so I had to go up. I think it makes the whole thing more stable like that anyway. I also didn't cut into the boards to make the ramps, I made those separately and screwed them into place later.

14954843134_3b80bdd7ef_c.jpg

15575573685_1a7e216978_c.jpg

Lifted up.

14954845554_d01274e0b4_c.jpg

Had to take it all apart after a few lifts and shore everything up with angle and straight irons (if that's the english word for them) because the softwood its made of wasn't up to the task on it's own. Now it ought to hold up, every part under stress is metal supported.

It's awesome to be able to move it around finally, it's been in a bad spot a while now and I wasn't able to even drag it, too heavy.

Made this sheet material store thingy-bob. Quite handy. It's hinged at the far end to the wall and has castors so you can swing it out away from the wall and slide sheets in and out. Totally ripped the idea from Marc Spagnuolo/Wood Whisperer video on You tube. :D

Attachments

• WP_20140707_20_59_50_Pro (4).jpg
    WP_20140707_20_59_50_Pro (4).jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 116
Yes indeed. I like the idea too. I made a smaller version, but I hadn't room for even that. So now I buy sheets as I need them, and use them up asap.

Yeah, it's obviously big enough to take a few 8x4 sheets, a few half sheets and at the back it has a couple of general offcuts storage areas. I always plan to use up my sheet stock as soon as I buy it but the plan always fails and I end up with sheets all over the place. Sheet offcuts also get in the way and it's just so much nicer to be able to get them out of the way. I can actually get to my bandsaw now and use it, what a novelty! I have a double length garage and it just about takes it, space wise.

I'm almost ashamed to post this rather basic effort amongst the fabulous work on show on this thread, but here is a little project i made up out of offcuts.

I recently got a new iPhone which didn't fit in the old Apple dock; instead of buying a new one, I though I'd have a bash at making one. Still needs finishing, plus a cable to be added, but works well.

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Cheers
Mark

devonwoody":3lzxi2ey said:
Next time I see a couple of 8x4 sheets in any condition I will grab them, must be some laying around unwanted.

If only you lived in Kent I could supply you with my surplus. I hate the damned things and always seem to have a few left over after a job. Today I actually abandoned 4 full sheets of 25mm MDF and left them on site after I'd finished the job. I couldn't bear the thought of lugging them up three flights of stairs, down a corridor, through a shop and into the van. Then I'd have to manhandle them down the garden to the workshop where I'd end up moving them every other day!!

Made this a couple weeks ago for the missus, took quite a few bags of soil to fill! I do intend to cap off the tops of the 2x4 legs...at some point.

Attachments

• 20140829_122331.jpg
    20140829_122331.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG-20140917-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20140917-WA0003.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG-20140917-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20140917-WA0002.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 258
My tennis club has just built a new clubhouse. I carved this wall plaque to record the event. It was much admired at the official openig last weekend.

Regards--------Arnold

Hi Chas Thanks for compliment.
All the lettering and the tennis raquets were carved by hand and the outer profile and edges were shaped with a router.

Arnold

Back