Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry SC.

I have plenty of 2 x 1 (45mm x 20mm) hanging around. It's only pine, but good enough for storing spuds! (I liked that BTW. Not a lot... but I liked it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

This was just a very quick corner TV table I threw together from scrap wood for our conservatory. Took just a few hours so nothing fancy:

15121329772_e2ffe421fd_b.jpg

Bit cheeky to post same thing twice :oops: but here it is in situ
unyma5eh.jpg

Hopefully I'll fill it up with my books to add a bit more colour later on. It was surprisingly quite fun cable tieing it all together :lol: ;)

monkeybiter":19hlsybf said:
Was the toolbox fit a happy coincidence?
:lol: yeah, it looks totally out of place though- Could do with being shot blasted or something ! I always wanted to have a sort of industrial looking working office type room. I thought the dremel tin kinda looked cool..... ish :D
I guess you spotted the extra two crates were an after thought. They look a bit wierd but im not sure how else to arrange them ?

ColeyS1":octpp5hz said:
monkeybiter":octpp5hz said:
Was the toolbox fit a happy coincidence?
:lol: yeah, it looks totally out of place though- Could do with being shot blasted or something ! I always wanted to have a sort of industrial looking working office type room. I thought the dremel tin kinda looked cool..... ish :D
I guess you spotted the extra two crates were an after thought. They look a bit wierd but im not sure how else to arrange them ?

maybe an overlapped swirl? you know, one on its side with another on end, sitting on the outside edge of on it's side and so on... creating a 5th "box" in the middle.

A couple of boxes, one with mitred joints, double bevel inlay and 'normal' hinges, and one with butted (?) joints with biscuits with hidden brass rods for hinges. The inlid box is finished with wax and the plain box as yet unfinished
20140909_164140_thumb.JPG
20140909_164424_thumb.JPG

they are not as lopsided as they look in photos, actually quite square...

Attachments

• 20140909_164140_thumb.JPG
    20140909_164140_thumb.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 415
  • 20140909_164424_thumb.JPG
    20140909_164424_thumb.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 416
The last thing I made, the first picture shows it in the workshop before the finish was applied, the second it in place...

IMG_2967.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2967.JPG
    IMG_2967.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 370
flounder":2bz7tr0d said:

Just finished this Ukulele for my wife. It is all made of Koa, apart from the neck and internal bracing.

Very nice. Where do you buy your machine heads? Do they come in 4's or do you have to buy multiples of 6 and split them?

there is some amazing work on this thread. really an inspiration.

my most recent, a classical guitar (rosewood and spruce, mostly).

cheers,
Miguel.

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 376
[\quote]

Very nice. Where do you buy your machine heads? Do they come in 4's or do you have to buy multiples of 6 and split them?[/quote]

I bought them off ebay as a set of 4 as I really liked the koa buttons!

Hi,

Thought I'd post a couple of pictures of a jewelry box I made for my wifes' birthday. I have never made anything like this before, most of my projects are small pieces of furniture, so I was in very unfamiliar territory!

The box is African mahogany with maple internals, finish is blonde shellac with a clear wax top coat.

Box-001.jpg

Box-002.jpg

I made many, many errors in this project, but overall I am pleased with it, more importantly my wife is happy with it, so all is well.

So plenty into the experience pot for next time!

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• Box-001.jpg
    Box-001.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 398
  • Box-002.jpg
    Box-002.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 399
Lovely work; that should earn you a few brownie points.
No criticism Steve, but my old eyes saw a 'Meccano' Box at first glance. Maybe that's because I am thinking of making one!

Regards
John

I think it is a lovely piece of cabinet making as well and thinking about its size means you have had to work very accurately.

Back