Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rather trivial compared to much of what's in the thread, but I made a little stand/holder for the insert rings for the router table. And I used the router table to do it, and it only went wrong in a couple of places and you can't see them in the photos (or in the drawer). And it used up an offcut I'd been wondering what to do with.

View attachment 126276
View attachment 126277

I doff my cap to you sir. That is one of the finest toast racks I’ve ever seen.

First attempt at staining, not quite the colour I was after but not-bad for a first attempt. Biggest learning point is that the stain highlights any defect and minor sanding line so finish is important. I also need to re-remember colour blending. Anyone recommend any good videos / tutorials?

1A541E26-2FAC-4D1C-BC03-472D75A7FD9D.jpeg
947F79D3-08B3-41F5-9183-C5FEE49B181A.jpeg

More 3D printed stuff. The wrench is a collaboration with someone who is better at modelling than I am! It's a tool for locking the Bull wheel on a Myford ML7, but still prototype. My original design is in the middle and works very well for slackening or tightening the chuck. Once finished, the wrench will be on the thingiverse for download.
I have found that FreeCad has compatibility problems when you export or save in different file formats, so going to try Fusion 360.

3D printed.jpg

If its ok to post 3D printing here, I'm rather pleased with myself to have made a 10cm tall little puppet with a trapped ball joint at the neck and integral hinges at the knees, wrists and elbows. Drawn and sliced on old versions of Sketchup & Cura as our old computer can't install modern versions.
I'm afraid that it looks rather male. That wasn't the plan, I just wanted enough room for the hips to swivel on the ball joints.
The printer keeps me out of the shed in cold weather.
1641894345307.png
1641894379978.png

You never know what you are going to get until you cut into it. This 12 inch bowl that I turned for a gift for a family member, stole the show. It was a piece of walnut that looked pretty plain in a chunk form. Sorry for picture quality, I forgot to photograph and wife’s sister send back a photo after opening.
88FFF266-9CB7-48C3-8BE2-21E72BD58F9E.jpeg

This is a bit of an experiment. Most forums I've been on have had a "Post pics of [something topical]" thread, but not this one. There's probably a good reason for that, but I'm going to stick my neck out anyway.

The idea is, quite simply, to post a photo of the last thing you made. It can be something quite insignificant, a component of something bigger, or a completed project. It can be something that's not thread-worthy on its own, or it can be something that already has a 9 page WIP thread in the Projects section, it really doesn't matter! It's just a bit of fun, but hopefully it will generate some discussion too.

So here's my offering to get the ball rolling. I could have posted a photo of a mug of tea, but that's hardly relevant. This is a replacement guide knob for SWMBO's Burgess bandsaw. Formally it was in the care of her Dad, who isn't the most mechanically minded, hence why it needed a bit of a spruce up before going back into service!

4AE52A01-AAFD-4813-8F34-C55D8209C5E5-234-0000006EEEAED070_zpsa1b2a1f3.jpg

I love the paneling flush with the frame, so much nicer than a the small recess so often a feature of panels. I made all my kitchen cupboard doors like that, 35 years ago, and I'm pleased with them every time I look at them. Very Arne Jacobsen.
Martin

Back