Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time doing any kind of weaving, oak piano bench with Danish cord.
It's very tall atm as I've left it high to cut down to the right height in situ.

All mortise and tenon and had to put a cross beam in the seat half way through weaving as I think I'd forgotten about physics till I noticed the front and back cross bars bending a significant amount!

Arnie modelling 🐶

bench.jpg

Last edited:
So this years making of Christmas pressies has started, here is a cantilever sewing box made from Zebrano wood chosen by my wife, for her pressie - she knows as she chose the wood, but the design per se is mine and she doesn't get to see it till Christmas Day.

IMG_2280.jpeg

IMG_2281.jpeg

IMG_2282.jpeg

IMG_2283.jpeg

Regards

Padster

Also, had a bit of cherry rescued from the firewood pile a couple of years back. Downloaded the PDF plans for a 'Fish Head' marking gauge from Rex Kruegers site. A nice, quick and easy project. Useful too.

View attachment 123767
Always good to have another gauge. The firewood pile can often be a good place to get wood for small projects.
Regards
John

Hi all, newbie here. First homemade tool, following the great Paul Sellers' instructions (although modified as I could only get 12mm steel). I'm very pleased, and it even cuts well! (excuse the state of the workshop....)
View attachment 123131
I have to ask as i can see theres a fair length of unsupported blade, but is there any chattering ?

I have to ask as i can see theres a fair length of unsupported blade, but is there any chattering ?

The blade is actually supported almost all the way to the bed of the plane. As the iron is 12mm square section, it goes quite 'deep' into the body, and is recessed next to the hole (I'm sure there's a technical term, but I don't know it!). I think the bottom of the cutter is actually only 15 degrees or so off parallel to the sole, so the cutting edge has a lot of support behind it.

I've not had any chattering so far, but only really been using it for test cuts. This was my second version, as I messed up the angles on the first one and it kind of 'pivoted' deeper when it caught. So far this one has been rock solid, and I'd recommend the design at the moment, but only time will tell!

not quite making ....Yet.....but
getting started on making /building my new w/shop.....
have few of these in the way....and there are at least 2 off more than twice this size...hahahaha
drag em out with chains....
her indoors want a new rockery anyway......ps thats a 2.5 ton capacity fork lift...
IMG_8100.jpeg

IMG_8103.jpeg

good weekend to all........I know what I'm doing......lol......

Finished this off today.

bell box 1.jpg

It's to go over a small consumer unit in a room I panelled out. Doesn't look much now but the customer is going to be distressing it and painting the glass so it looks like an old butlers bell box.

bell box 2.jpg

bell box 3.jpg

I love messing about with quirky little jobs like this, doesn't feel like work.

not quite making ....Yet.....but
getting started on making /building my new w/shop.....
have few of these in the way....and there are at least 2 off more than twice this size...hahahaha
drag em out with chains....
her indoors want a new rockery anyway......ps thats a 2.5 ton capacity fork lift...
View attachment 123853
View attachment 123852
good weekend to all........I know what I'm doing......lol......
well that's different! Start a new thread on your build and keep the pics coming (y)

P1010005.JPG

I've made a few of these figures before, to decorate bookends and a clock for my grandchildren. However I'm posting these pictures as I managed to make them without needing to use screws or pins and the heads and limbs of the bear and monkey can move, as I've joined them with 3D printed trapped ball joints. Sketchup view shows the form. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to share the STL file.
P1010006.JPG
P1010002.JPG
P1010011.JPG
Ball joint.jpg

my daughter bought her epoxy from Germany for her new coffee table......
got a horrible surprise from Customs ......
She bought it from eBay UK.....thinking the price covered all duties.....

Is there somewhere in the UK that sells the stuff, after all there's lots of glass fibre boats about.....

Back