Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like its a bit of a right of passage for woodworkers!

That was my reason for making some, that & I hoped at the time I might be able to sell a few lol

Mike.R Those look brilliant, must be a lot of time spent on those.

My issue is a lack of hardwood offcuts! Other than some sizeable planks of Ash and a couple of oak sawn boards I dont really have much in the way of offcuts. I mostly work with plywood

Another Pen as they are 'relatively' quick projects to do....

IMG_2121.jpeg
IMG_2122.jpeg
IMG_2123.jpeg

Regards

Padster

IMG_5752.JPG

My 18 m.o. granddaughter likes to see what mum and dad are cooking, but can't see the worksurface. I was asked to make something she could climb up and stand on without falling.

It turned out a bit over-engineered (something I am often guilty of) so she could use it until she is 22 years old!

This is my first attempt at small box making and i wanted to integrate it with Kumiko decoration. These experimental boxes are elm with maple kumiko panels. The lining on the hexagonal box is also maple; the lining on the rectangular box is cedar.

The hexagonal box lid is 'open' i.e. no backing to the kumiko panel so it could be used for pot pourri (a throw back to the 1980's). The other has is a backing to keep out the dust.

View attachment 118058
Wow that’s beautiful, and a huge skill set to accomplish.

Hi JBaz, that looks really good, and nothing wrong with over engineering! Any chance of a side view? Curious what holds it up at the back, and does it fold down? It might be the photo but the corners of the steps look a bit sharp if she should fall. Nicely made. Ian

Hi JBaz, that looks really good, and nothing wrong with over engineering! Any chance of a side view? Curious what holds it up at the back, and does it fold down? It might be the photo but the corners of the steps look a bit sharp if she should fall. Nicely made. Ian
God! in my day and age wevwould have been lucky to get a strong cardboard box to stand on, or a poor younger brother on his hands and knees. Nice job.

IMG_5753.JPG
IMG_5753.JPG

Side view as requested, but this time with the steps in the retracted position - about as small as it will go.
I did use threaded inserts to hold it together, so it can come apart for long term storage (until the next grandchild needs it!).

Slowly getting there with my Built in wardrobes.

Had the fun experience of not doing the maths quite right on the Blum undermount drawers today and making the total width of the 6 centre drawers to be the same as what should have been the inside measurement so I've got to remake them all!! PITA

No idea why the picture is flipped though. Its the right way up on my laptop.

Attachments

• tempImagezyP1Mc.png
    tempImagezyP1Mc.png
    988.2 KB · Views: 64
Finally finished a plywood and some kind of dark brown wood desktop for the wife. The black bits are epoxy. I was pretty pleased with this considering ive never attempted anything like it. Had a few little tears out when using a routing sled. Have to build one for myself now so I don't feel left out 😁
PXL_20211006_073614124~2.jpg

Finally finished this one on Friday. My first built in unit. Why start small :LOL:

The same friends that asked me to make the loft bed wanted this to finish their "phase 1" of moving into the new house. Birch ply, 3m wide, 2.5m tall, Blum push to open panel matched doors and drawers, Hafele shelf pins and inserts, 18mm sides and 24mm shelves. All assembled on site after unloading from the back of my Skoda Superb 😂 My first real attempt at scribing now that I know how to do it. They are very happy, as am I to have it done and out of my workshop!

Oh, and that one overhead bulb was all the light there was. I'll get a nicer pic once it's "dressed".

I already tagged @petermillard on twitter. His youtube channel has been a great source of knowledge and ideas and has helped give me the confidence to try this.

51595385995_a3a3a909e6_b.jpg

You look to have made a really good job of that, especially considering it’s your first built-in, they can go wrong very quickly if you don’t think ahead when designing and planning. Ian

Back