Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've finished "designing" an Adirondack chair in Fusion 360, see render below. I've got a few sheets of the drawings left to finish, but I. could send these out as a pdf if required?
b75912e2-725d-46a9-b10e-203e1df6955a.PNG
59243baa-8ec1-40f3-a810-e58337776831.PNG
Chair V2 v7.png

Reclaimed pine bed and wardrobe i found in a skip
Been busy today cutting out the card template to stick to sheet material (whatever is lying about) and will be using old, reclaimed 1" floorboards. I was asked a while back to make two so I feel I've been inspired to make a start. Thanks for the PDF.

P1030241 (1).jpg

Last edited:
A friend of mine is going through a bit of a tough time as his wife has the big C, and he has to spend a lot of his time looking after her and their three kids.

When he gets some alone time, he sits in his office listening to his vinyl collection and needs some way of displaying and storing his collection, so as a little gift to try to cheer him up a little, I made him this nice little box for storing it.

I didn’t take any pictures of it, but there’s red suede on the bottom.

E2FE44A1-CB83-4401-9E05-747455FF104A.jpeg
EA08C8D9-009F-4F4E-86B2-B8ED68156D9B.jpeg
11DE8A8D-4AA1-4966-83BA-935D480371A5.jpeg

Actually, it's not finished yet, the making process is going to go on for some time, but I've just returned to volunteering at the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and we're building a full size working replica of a WW1 (very) fast torpedo boat known as a CMB (Coastal Motor Boat).

I've been involved since the start, helping with the lofting, building and setting out the moulds, the basic framework including steam bending and, now, planking.

This is a cutting edge 40' lightweight boat that was capable of 40 knots over 100 years ago (!) but our replica will have a more powerful engine but won't be carrying live torpedoes! The boatbuilding techniques are more akin to aircraft technology than traditional boatbuilding. It's a totally unique project and I count myself lucky to be involved,especially as I'm a retired Chartered Building Surveyor, not a professional boatbuilder! I'm really glad to be back to the project.
Back in the days when I could afford such things, I used to keep my boat in Northney Marina on Hayling Island and I think I met a group of folk from the Pompey Historic Dockyard, complete with original WW2 MTB! They were visiting to attend an event in Chichester Harbour and had overnighted not ten feet from my berth. Those boats are big, powerful and very loud. I was very impressed at the amount of time, effort and money put into maintaining that historic boat by such a few people. Congratulations on being part of that organisation and I wish you well with your project.

I've finished "designing" an Adirondack chair in Fusion 360, see render below. I've got a few sheets of the drawings left to finish, but I. could send these out as a pdf if required?View attachment 109477View attachment 109478View attachment 109479
Would it be better to have a 45 degree slat on the transition from the seat to the front of the seat? That edge looks a little ‘sharp’ to be comfortable. When you are laid back that’s right where your legs will rub.

My small compressor has wheels and a handle which is too low. To move it you can stoop down and get a crick in your back, lift it up so the handle is at a convenient height and it then the compressor tips over backwards or pick it up and carry it. None satisfactory.

I wanted a quick fix to extend the handle and this is what I came up with, using some left over 22mm copper pipe and jubilee clips. Not pretty but quick, firmly attached and effective, it is now easy to move.

Mov
EBED99D8-66FB-4754-96D7-5D451D980B69.jpeg

Last edited:
My small compressor has wheels and a handle which is too low. To move it you can stoop down and get a crick in your back, lift it up so the handle is at a convenient height and it then the compressor tips over backwards or pick it up and carry it. None satisfactory.

I wanted a quick fix to extend the handle and this is what I came up with, using some left over 22mm copper pipe and jubilee clips. Not pretty but quick, firmly attached and effective, it is now easy to move.

MovView attachment 109506

Copper pipe in 15 and 22mm is very useful for making all sorts of stuff with elbow and tee fittings- a cafe near here has coat-hooks made from 15mm and even a stand in the WC to hold the spare toilet rolls - and in the same alternate use scheme of things he has lots of shelving made from (probably) 22mm studding, nuts, washers and scaffold boards - likewise Kee-clamp fittings and scaffold tube offer loads of scope for "industrial decor" items

A friend of mine is going through a bit of a tough time as his wife has the big C, and he has to spend a lot of his time looking after her and their three kids.

When he gets some alone time, he sits in his office listening to his vinyl collection and needs some way of displaying and storing his collection, so as a little gift to try to cheer him up a little, I made him this nice little box for storing it.

I didn’t take any pictures of it, but there’s red suede on the bottom.

View attachment 109492View attachment 109493View attachment 109494

lovely work. where did you get your makers mark/logo from?

Here's a pdf of the overall dimension - is this what you were after?

Neil

Attachments

• Chair V2 Drawing v12 Sheet 1.pdf
    207.9 KB · Views: 54
Would it be better to have a 45 degree slat on the transition from the seat to the front of the seat? That edge looks a little ‘sharp’ to be comfortable. When you are laid back that’s right where your legs will rub.
Paul,
The drawing is basically a copy of a chair I've made a few years ago. Never had any unnecessary chaffing so far!

lovely work. where did you get your makers mark/logo from?
Thank you - Von Hanke on Etsy, He does coins of all sorts, and branding irons too. Very quick and excellent quality. Not prohibitively expensive either. They were for fun only, but my buddy wanted his on the front! He has more confidence in me than I do!

Here's a pdf of the overall dimension - is this what you were after?

Neil

Thanks again I've printed it off and estimate the following......

arms 24
front Legs 20
back 32
Base 32
slats 24

sound about right.

my chaps will be amazed when I come with a plan!!

cheers James

This is a bit of an experiment. Most forums I've been on have had a "Post pics of [something topical]" thread, but not this one. There's probably a good reason for that, but I'm going to stick my neck out anyway.

The idea is, quite simply, to post a photo of the last thing you made. It can be something quite insignificant, a component of something bigger, or a completed project. It can be something that's not thread-worthy on its own, or it can be something that already has a 9 page WIP thread in the Projects section, it really doesn't matter! It's just a bit of fun, but hopefully it will generate some discussion too.

So here's my offering to get the ball rolling. I could have posted a photo of a mug of tea, but that's hardly relevant. This is a replacement guide knob for SWMBO's Burgess bandsaw. Formally it was in the care of her Dad, who isn't the most mechanically minded, hence why it needed a bit of a spruce up before going back into service!

4AE52A01-AAFD-4813-8F34-C55D8209C5E5-234-0000006EEEAED070_zpsa1b2a1f3.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1619946658787.jpg
    FB_IMG_1619946658787.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts

Back