Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished this yesterday. Unfortunately, It was for the ashes of our dog who we had to let go. Made of mahogany with glass rebated into the top

Attachments

• poppys box.JPG
    poppys box.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 72
No footy, no cricket, no gigs so plenty of time and a little spare cash available to spend on some woodworking projects. Not up to the standards seen on here but give me another twenty years.......

View attachment 107029
First up is my go at a small scale traditional joiner's tool chest. There's a little bit of joinery involved but also some butt joints and the bottom is simply nailed on as they would have been in the past, to make replacement easy. 'Traditionally' they were painted black, blue or green but I reckon they would have been painted with whatever is spare about the place, as this one has been. It contains one sliding till and was made from scrap.

Looks sturdy
Any pictures of the inside?

Cheers James

I was given two sets of drawers. One set oak and the other pine with tulip wood sides. They are are very old and were just used for storage in a shed. Without the chests I was forced to take them apart for re-cycling. With some of the oak I made these two arts and crafts style candlestick holders. They are 430mm high with a base of 170mm square. With the pine drawer fronts I made some fold-up steps. They are not finished yet because I'm out of some
tough varnish aP1020907.jpgP1020913.jpgP1020916.jpg they will get kicked around the workshop.

Last edited:
Those look great, the nice tall candle holders just perfect either side of the fire place. Both sets of steps would not be out of place in any kitchen Modern or Old (y)
Extra bonus points for giving new life to some lovely old wood :)

Was asked by the Headteacher if I could repair the year4 toy shed ( the 3rd time this year) I've repaired it a dozen times in the 3 years I've been caretaker here, the original was an off the rack small shed approximately 2m wide, 1m deep and about 1.2m tall, the kids constantly mess about shutting each other in it which has ended up smashing the back panel out.
Now I know a few people here will snort at the fact I've used pallet wood for the new shed but it's all I had to work with, that and some broken plastic benches, im fairly happy with the result.
20210401_135852.jpg

May as well join in. In my spare time I make a lot of Mud Kitchens ( from pallets ) for nurseries , schools and the local community. Been doing it for around 2 years now. Will post up some pictures later on but in the meantime one of the schools I recently made some kitchens for, asked me to make a Throne Chair. Had no idea what they meant so after a little research discovered it is what the teacher sits on to read to the kids outside . So knocked this up from fence posts , timber I had lying around and pallet wood. Really simple design, pocket hole on the inside (which is hidden) and butt joints. Has to be sturdy rather than fancy. Freehand painted their logo and everything given an outdoor finish.

IMG_8032.jpg

Back