Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more chisels in various states of completion

S6aFWad.jpg

First storage container for the shed...

As cupboard,
20201108_144835.jpg
and as crate
20201108_144935.jpg

Planning to make 4 of these, so I can start organising the mess :cool:

And it should make moving everything a bit easier, much better than boxes!

Edit: in it's place, and starting to declutter:
20201108_180613.jpg

Last edited:
I built this for my little boy a while back now. Hardly get time to build things at home.
That’s a great one I can relate to that project,I spend my life I king nerf guns up and the bullets from around the paddock and garden are there shadows behind the guns so you know there all in

His ever growing collection of nerf guns.
Made of 18mm MRMDF with some dowels and sprayed in PU paint.

View attachment 94900

It's a simple coffee table I knocked up during an afternoon and posted pics on wattapp as I went for my older chaps to see.

It's nothing special just 6x1 top and uprights and 2x2 for the legs.

I'm aiming to improve my woodworking over lockdown.

Cheers James

Just some little supports for the fronts of some shelves. Varying heights, the proportion changes as the length increased, but hey ho. Nothing special, really, but I'm pleased -I've never turned pommels before and I'm turning seated so 50% of the work was left handed.

DSCF0398.JPG

After living in this house for four years without putting a number on the front, I decided to have a go at carving.
iTunWqk.jpg

Still needs a bit more cleanup on the tape residue and that bit of tearout at the top, but I'm fairly happy for a first go.

Hi Phil, I had to turn pommels for the first time about a year ago, I don’t know why I didn’t look online, but I just got on with it and stumbled on the knack of it. Nicely done. Ian

It's closing in on Christmas so the gifts are coming together. These are bedside appleWatch charging stations for daughters and partners. Made from offcuts of an American Cherry board I brought from Canada when I moved to the UK 17 years ago. A nice quick and simple present. They have magnets and pins to hold the two halved together. There is a bit of nano tape to hold the watch charger firmly in place. I made some before and didn't use the tape and do get the occasional time the adaptor flops out of the holder when taking the watch off. The tape should resolve that. The insides are a bit rough as I hacked the grooves out with a Dremel. A CNC router would be a wonderful thing :)
IMG_1677.jpeg

IMG_1678.jpeg

IMG_1680.jpeg

Nice finish and shape,Paul, a Forster bit might have worked and then cut them in half with a really fine Japanese saw. Just wondering did you buy those pins with the magnets as sets? I can think of a few uses for them. Ian

Nice finish and shape,Paul, a Forster bit might have worked and then cut them in half with a really fine Japanese saw. Just wondering did you buy those pins with the magnets as sets? I can think of a few uses for them. Ian
I started with a slice of inch thick board and sawed it two along the grain and book mark the two halves. I then fitted the magnets to the two halves. I made the magnet holders out of brass (I have a small metal working lathe) and they have magnets glued into them, so sorry these are not available anywhere that I know of. Rediculously simple though. Just 12mm brass rod, 15mm long, with a 10mm counter bore to hold the magnet and a 4mm hole through for the locating rod, which is unsurprisingly 4mm brass rod :). I glue the locating rod into one side and leave the hole in the other. The magnets are strong so I can treat the joined block as a single piece from there on, no other support is needed. In fact it was two years before my wife realised hers came apart :) .
I cut the ledge for the watch and use a fostner bit to bore out the recess for the charger (28mm). The rest is then simply hacking away with a saw to rough out the back, then a good deal of sanding. They are finished with oil and wax.

Nice precise answer, thank you, I shall just have to continue using a brass screw screwed into one piece with its head cut off and separate magnets. Cheers Ian

I've just finished this plant stand, Nearly 900mm tall and 300mm square

20201112_161212.jpg

I got the idea from somewhere on t'internet for the black frame and somewhere else for the general shape.

It's all beech and the frame was dyed with 2 coats of Indian Ink (Hardly used any at all). The top and shelf were cut from a single 52mm board and joined using the 'Custard method' to achieve an invisible glue line (which I'm dead chuffed with). All finished with Osmo Top oil which gave me the rather matt look I was after.

Critique welcomed

20201107_154936.jpg frantic clamping!
20201112_102613.jpg20201112_102735.jpg I quite like the knots
20201112_151002(1).jpg20201112_161313.jpg

Back