Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a desk ornament for a local podcast crowd whose logo looks like this:
tortoiseshack2.png

Nothing terribly special (my newfound respect for hot melt glue blocks in the lathe notwithstanding), but I thought it came out nice and they liked it.
IMG_4434a-940x886.jpg

IMG_4435a-940x1059.jpg

IMG_4439a-940x799.jpg

“The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over but it can’t. Not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that Leon?” :D

Hi Steve
Will you be showing us your pergola when finished ?
I need ideas to make a small pergola - limited space -
For climbing rose Gertrude Jekyll Due mid November from
David Austin
cheers
John
Yes John, I'm just getting these panels finished, then laquered, then installed. Should be a few more days, weather permitting.
Steve

The Mrs has just acquired new hearing aids that sit in a charger overnight. She didn’t like it that the ear buds were exposed to the air overnight, and there is a pair of pulsing LEDs which are like a lighthouse in a dark room.

knocked up this little charging station with a closable lid. Keeps them clean, and no lights shining in the room.

made from an offcut of mahogany With elephant Mandela etched into the front.
A291F8BC-D40B-494C-AF29-A8284892A08A.jpeg
EC238472-3ABD-4856-BE6A-13D76A001B37.jpeg

Very nice Phil, just check they don’t overheat whilst charging though. Ian
Thanks Ian, I did check after a few hours charging as I had that concern, but charger and aids were still cold. It’s wireless charging, not sure if that makes any difference to heat production.

Last edited:
I am currently making these acoustic panels for my studio. The mdf will be primed and painted to fit the colour scheme. 100mm RW3 rockwool covered in fabric forms the backing of these panels and they are hung in an array from the ceiling @ 12 degree angles. The effect is that they diffuse any flutter echo that exists between the floor and the ceiling

Attachments

• DSC02915-01.jpeg
    DSC02915-01.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC02883-01.jpeg
    DSC02883-01.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02882-01.jpeg
    DSC02882-01.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02884-01.jpeg
    DSC02884-01.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC02876-01.jpeg
    DSC02876-01.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC02873-01.jpeg
    DSC02873-01.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC02874-01.jpeg
    DSC02874-01.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 13
They look simple to make, are they effective?

F.
That's the thing. I don't know :p

Made these as per the instructions on the YouTube channel, Pask Makes. My dining table converted workbench has no dog holes for me to try these on. Need to get around to making a few holes just to try these out.

But in the channel, I saw it was very effective. Not as durable or heavy duty as the forged ones, of course, but good enough for majority of tasks apparently.

I am currently making these acoustic panels for my studio. The mdf will be primed and painted to fit the colour scheme. 100mm RW3 rockwool covered in fabric forms the backing of these panels and they are hung in an array from the ceiling @ 12 degree angles. The effect is that they diffuse any flutter echo that exists between the floor and the ceiling

interesting, how did you calculate the hole sizes? as in the perforation percentage? and why did you use MDF out of interest? say instead of plywood or solid wood slats?

Hi Heath, looks competently done, I’m just concerned that it’s not fastened down in anyway and with that porch it could blow over/away in a gale. And I’m just curious what the little door is for. Ian

Back