Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First complete bowl. From an offcut of worktop given to me by a neighbour. Think it's oak.

*the actual first went a bit thin and is now in the kindling box.

thetyreman":54lxix91 said:
made a little dovetail caddy for holding sandpaper from scraps of american white oak and pine, think I'm going to make a few more of these, it was a good practice piece.

I like that as an item. I also like the fact that to buy something similar would be far too expensive to justify for the use that you have assigned it, but because it stands you at a few offcuts and a bit of time which you don't charge yourself for, it is a perfectly acceptable use to you!

Bravo.

@thetyreman, very nice, would be an excellent postit note caddy too

tiger oak alpha.jpg

Today I made a pen for a retiring colleague. A nice piece of tiger oak. I tried an arty photograph, albeit on my phone. It doesn't really bring the stripes out particularly well, and the other pic was out of focus!

Attachments

• tiger oak alpha.jpg
    tiger oak alpha.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 180
Bit of a weird one. Last week we took the kids to the Herts County show. Horses an' that. Bumbled past a smiths stall. He had some big door stops for sale. Lump of wood, iron ring in the top. Mrs goes all weak kneed. They are fifty notes each. I steer her clear. Are ya mad? Fifty quid for that?!
So. It's someones birthday Monday. (I got her some earrings too. I ain't that tight).
Worlds most enthusiastic Yew doorstop with brass handle. (Handle's a bit wonkey, balls). Planed nice and square from a rough blank. It's ok. An exercise in planing properly square gone right. Please don't laugh or cringe Chris P. :oops:
And my lad is right into Harry Potter and all that malarkey. Weird day in the shed.

wNnEmmJ.jpg

2CzR3TY.jpg

zCGMKNF.jpg

I decided to try and make one of those sandpits for my granddaughter. Ive seen plans for double seated versions but ended up modifying it to make single seat version.

closed.jpg

open.jpg

A couple of 4x2s and some pallet wood for the top, turned out ok :)

technium":1qecaw5z said:
I decided to try and make one of those sandpits for my granddaughter. Ive seen plans for double seated versions but ended up modifying it to make single seat version.

closed.jpg

open.jpg

have you used play sand in it? If not, be careful, because normal sand can stain clothing.

nice job on the build. I am sure that she will have hours of fun in there.

[/quote]

have you used play sand in it? If not, be careful, because normal sand can stain clothing.

nice job on the build. I am sure that she will have hours of fun in there.[/quote]

Yeah mate bought specific play sand because the wife wouldnt let me go and dig up some from Weymouth beach!

technium":1xiodife said:
Yeah mate bought specific play sand because the wife wouldnt let me go and dig up some from Weymouth beach!

:D Now there's a man after my own heart.

Bm101":2wg5qh9r said:
Bit of a weird one. Last week we took the kids to the Herts County show. Horses an' that. Bumbled past a smiths stall. He had some big door stops for sale. Lump of wood, iron ring in the top. Mrs goes all weak kneed. They are fifty notes each. I steer her clear. Are ya mad? Fifty quid for that?!
So. It's someones birthday Monday. (I got her some earrings too. I ain't that tight).
Worlds most enthusiastic Yew doorstop with brass handle. (Handle's a bit wonkey, balls). Planed nice and square from a rough blank. It's ok. An exercise in planing properly square gone right. Please don't laugh or cringe Chris P. :oops:
And my lad is right into Harry Potter and all that malarkey. Weird day in the shed.

wNnEmmJ.jpg

2CzR3TY.jpg

zCGMKNF.jpg

Mission accomplished in my book Chris =D>

technium":mqlrm0bd said:

closed.jpg

open.jpg

Sorted :D
Sand castles all round, sweet =D>

phil.p":3pxj6wvf said:
Make sure you put the cover down when you leave it - it'll be a giant litter tray for the neighbourhood cats. :D

Yeah damn right. I wont be happy if they made their own castles in it!

It's taken a long while but finished my first chest of drawers. My old man saved a load of leftover white oak flooring from going in a skip so I decided to build this to replace an old set with only 3 drawers. Very happy with how it came out, especially the drawer pulls which I made from the offcuts from the brown oak top. Definitely would've been easier if I had a table saw! (hammer)
Jamie

Drawers_1.jpg
Drawers_2.jpg

Attachments

• Drawers_1.jpg
    Drawers_1.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 386
  • Drawers_2.jpg
    Drawers_2.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 386
  • Drawers_3.jpg
    Drawers_3.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 343
playing with the new/old lathe and had a go at a live edge mushroom from some unknown tree (Birch i think) from my sisters garden a few years ago.

it does look a bit rough grain, but it is very smooth (sanded to 240 i think as that's all i have).

ppFItvu.jpg

yfat66j.jpg

GCY94c7.jpg

quite like this turning lark, can get something pleasing to the eye out and done quite quick.

jw00d":gao8eowx said:
It's taken a long while but finished my first chest of drawers.

Nice job Jamie, looks very clean and tidy, and it's great to see people actually getting stuck in and making furniture. Hope you're inspired to press on with further projects!

IMG_1758.JPG
This is Pete's electric tandem bike called "The mackerel".. it is built from walnut and maple. the maple has been selected for the “ripple ” effect which looks like a golden irridescent stripe running across the grain – reminding one of the stripes you see on a mackerel

Attachments

• IMG_1759.JPG
    IMG_1759.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1758.JPG
    IMG_1758.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 281
Back