Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doris":23c32b2g said:
This years big project almost completed. Trojan Horse. The horse itself made from Walnut worktop and sat on an oak trolley (mostly made by DTR after my rubbish attempts failed). The wheels are made from mahogany and 15 little soldiers are carved from lime offcuts. They are housed in two drawers sat in the base

Some of you may remember I made a thread some months back about how to hide the soldiers in the belly. Many suggestions were quite ingenious but at the same time complex so resorted for the simple route in the end.

Oh that ticks so many boxes. Very well done! Love the style of it too which is sometimes harder than nailing the technical aspects. Be sure and keep it away from children ;)

20160323_172122.jpg

Here's my side board with reclaimed oak sliding doors.

Doris":1iz2ai4b said:
This years big project almost completed. Trojan Horse. The horse itself made from Walnut worktop and sat on an oak trolley (mostly made by DTR after my rubbish attempts failed). The wheels are made from mahogany and 15 little soldiers are carved from lime offcuts. They are housed in two drawers sat in the base

Some of you may remember I made a thread some months back about how to hide the soldiers in the belly. Many suggestions were quite ingenious but at the same time complex so resorted for the simple route in the end.

P1080725_zps15trkf02.jpg

"Family Photo" prior to burning down Troy.

P1080723_zpsjbqzajxm.jpg

Drawers Opened

P1080726_zpsgku4wzrk.jpg

Inside the belly

P1080708_zpsh3hccjmr.jpg

Group shot of 10 of the 15 soldiers. 5 pence piece to give a sense of scale

P1080705_zpsoznm2jk7.jpg

Quite pleased with my archers

WOW! The spearmen look pretty good also. I wish I had the skill and patience to turn out stuff like that.

Back down to earth...here's the last of a million (ish) windows I've made recently. If I never see another anther piece of glazing bar it'll be too soon.

The blade tensioner thingy on my Dad's cheapo mitre saw has stripped its thread.... so I made a new one

8AE47BF7-AEAD-48B7-B4AD-A5B1342F3080-38946-0000454F2CE66426.jpg

62113336-7730-4A4F-98C8-FD9E9D566544-38946-0000454F354A4B79.jpg

Doris":25u4xig6 said:

P1080725_zps15trkf02.jpg

"Family Photo" prior to burning down Troy.

P1080723_zpsjbqzajxm.jpg

Drawers Opened

P1080726_zpsgku4wzrk.jpg

Inside the belly

P1080708_zpsh3hccjmr.jpg

Group shot of 10 of the 15 soldiers. 5 pence piece to give a sense of scale

P1080705_zpsoznm2jk7.jpg

Quite pleased with my archers

sweet!
Btw you should change your profile pic, pretty much everytime I see you posting I think that some insanely obese women named doris is making all the stuff!
at least by watching the video I can see that it isn't the case!

here's a small oak chopping board I made today, all with handtools, I was going for a rustic look.

Attachments

• oak_board.jpg
    oak_board.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 208
  • oak_board-2.jpg
    oak_board-2.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 208
DiscoStu":3t5dtxbs said:
Doris - looks amazing - is it for something specific?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I do an heirloom piece every year and this year I decided to do a trojan horse. Last year it was a Noah's Ark.

Jonzjob":2nk9ltem said:
Looks interesting!!

My effort today was to take a square stick and make it round

2" square 3.1 metres long to 2" and 2.6 metres long. I have another one to do as well, as soon as I get some more belts for my Bosch sander. The old ones kept on giving up and breaking at the join. I can't understand it? They were only about 12 years old :shock: :shock:

They will be the new curtain poles for our lounge window, 5 metres wide. At the moment we have 35mm poles and they ain't strong enough, but would make a quite reasonable bow! I am also making the rings, all 40 and the fitments too. this is it

Well, they are done now and I am quite chuffed wit them. The whole lot was stained with a dark stain with Some French name :? To do the rings I just screwed the little eye rings in them and dunked them in the stain. Then hung up to dry. It worked a treat

Everything was given a coat of hard wax oil and some intercristaline wax from Chestnut and the only worry I have is that when you draw the curtains they won't stop. They slide very easily!

Lovely drying weather out there today but it only got to 22ºC :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

JonnyD":2dx8fy84 said:
Gloss kitchen with wenge panelled backspash. Nice to make something for myself for a change.

Cheers

Jon
That looks stunning ! Very clean crisp and shiny :cool: tiles look really smart too ;) job well done.

Coley

American white oak 2x1 I fitted to a new kitchen island to liven it up a bit.

Finished yesterday ready to be filled and oiled. 102 mitres.

0056d4a23ca692a462cec1e0dbb553e6.jpg
0e28fe02a84aa28368323b72a162c0ac.jpg
7f2559507f3abf33f69c0e96218c1211.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

JonnyD":25o2j94k said:
Gloss kitchen with wenge panelled backspash. Nice to make something for myself for a change.

Cheers

Jon
Stunning. 10 out of 10. I so wish I could do something like that.

Back