Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that glamorous, but it was the last made, and it does its job (very important remark - please let no one start another sharpening thread on this; if anyone does, it's nor my fault :wink: )
My latest scary sharp set, made from scraps of wood and a float glass plate 600x230x10mm. This set has the advantage over previous ones I had made in that it allows me to use either full sheets (280x230) for general polishing or 1/8 sizes (110x70) for honing. It also allows me to use spring clips for holding the polishing paper. The honing "guides" are based on the ones by Brent Beach, Derek Cohen ("10 cent sharpening system"...) et al.

Attachments

• IMG_5887.JPG
    IMG_5887.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 315
Love this thread for the fact that it covers the full spectrum of work, from the fancy to the mundane. As someone on the lower reaches of the learning curve I find it very encouraging and motivating.

Not quite in the same league as the work you guys have done :oops: - but I fixed a door frame... :)

Andy

Attachments

• doorframe2.jpg
    doorframe2.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 252
I finished this a couple of weeks ago, I made it for my 8 year old granddaughter, I thought it would help her with her maths, it's a Shut The Box game, it's a Steve Ramsey design, I did however adjust the sizes to fit the timber I had, made of Mahogany, Maple and 3 ply.

Steve's board has 9 pegs but I made this with twelve pegs as it's played with two dice.

Baldhead

Edit. It's difficult to see on the photo but the pegs are numbered 1 to 12

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 234
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 234
Made this today as a gift for SWMBO's friend who likes this sort of thing.

IMG_20140714_195858.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140714_195858.jpg
    IMG_20140714_195858.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,092
Chrispy":c9pvevjo said:
I've just made a batch of pediments for dressing up some doorways and openings next week I'll make some more!
The long one is 3.4m over all.

Would love to know how to make the curved cornice, have made simpler version for armoires, but the one in your photo would be perfect - scary spindle jigs ?

Here is a box I made to carry the ashes of our lovely stafford puppy Winnie, who passed on several years ago and has been residing in a pretty crappy box the Pet cemetary people supplied.

It's dovetailed Rosewood, with a quilted maple lid and a leather base

I was on a box making roll, so also made one for Nancy, who we lost at Christmas last year. This time it's made of beanwood, mitred and again with the quilted maple lid.

Some nice work there Mark, it's especially rewarding to make something for those you love, it doesn't ease the loss but it honours their part in your life.

A bunch of sierras made this weekend. First pens I've made in a long while.
Yew, walnut, laburnum,yew and a pink acrylic that was a bit iffy and going to be binned but the mrs nicked it.

2014-07-15 17.11.23.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-07-15 17.11.23.jpg
    2014-07-15 17.11.23.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 982
A bed:

DaTzqFTl.jpg

Good thread Dave, stuck some glue on it.............

A friend at work has just had a lot of oak in his house; bedroom furniture, bannisters, fireplace etc. He had a small newel post offcut and asked me to turn him something - anything. Best I could come up with was this acorn. I'd have had more scope if the 4*4 wasn't two 2*4s glued together. Just finished tonight.

IMAG0011.JPG

IMAG0014.JPG

Attachments

• IMAG0011.JPG
    IMAG0011.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 783
  • IMAG0014.JPG
    IMAG0014.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 785
be3ymehe.jpg

uty2ujuq.jpg

Not strictly woodworking but I did have fun getting all the parts to fit. I used a push to connect switch so when the oil caps tightened it pushes on the switch. My first sandblasting 'finished' project so its quite special to me ;)

Latest posts

Back