Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 Bits of Accoya in close formation

IMG_5642.JPG

IMG_5643.JPG

I wondered what it would turn out like and I quite like it. Accoya takes a lovely finish, but it wasn't the easiest wood to turn when segmented.

This is more of a Thank You post since people here in the forum really helped me to get started (not only talked me away from what seemed to be very unfruitful paths ('merica stlyle), but pointed me to great directions)

Having finished a bench, and gotten a track saw plus planes, I decided I wanted to learn how to make basic box joints, took me a couple attempts and quite a lot of tool and jig development to be able to reach this:

IMG_3317.JPG
IMG_3316.JPG

Not perfect but good enough to feel quite pleased :)

Next item to learn: tenon and mortises...

oh: I also made this plane to assist me with the final touches of the joints above, I rough cut the rabbets of the box above with the track saw, bulk removed with a palm router and for the joints that weren't straight enough I used this Paul Seller's "Poor's Man Rabbet Plane".

For the plane I even made the iron out of W2 steel scrap I had and a lot-of-elbow-grease (ouch)

IMG_3321.JPG

oh: I also made this plane to assist me with the final touches of the joints above, I rough cut the rabbets of the box above with the track saw, bulk removed with a palm router and for the joints that weren't straight enough I used this Paul Seller's "Poor's Man Rabbet Plane".

For the plane I even made the iron out of W2 steel scrap I had and a lot-of-elbow-grease (ouch)

View attachment 116744
Fantastic. You are well and truly on the slippery slope.

functional and solid a surprising amount of work. could do better.

They look great wildman but I bet you will tinker with them...lol
Now to make a decking all the way around your static home.
Have stayed in them twice now & both times we was hit with storms, apart
from rocking they stayed put.

They look great wildman but I bet you will tinker with them...lol
Now to make a decking all the way around your static home.
Have stayed in them twice now & both times we was hit with storms, apart
from rocking they stayed put.
thanks it is the office at my campsite decking all around would cost a bomb and not needed.

Completely rebuilt and modded Thorens TD150 turntable. I've had the original for almost 40 years, and re-plinthed it, along with innumerable modifications to arm and base.

31.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

That looks to be a great job, it must be very satisfying to breathe new life into an old friend like that. No doubt you've been revisiting a few LPs. :)

Not woodworking, but I cycle a lot and often get flies in my eyes. I arrive home after a few hours sometimes with really bloodshot eyes. I hate wearing any kind of glasses when cycling. I just find them really annoying. About a week ago, I got an infection in one eye, which I thought was caused by some muck in my eye, but according to the optician it was caused by exposure to the elements. The surface of the cornea was dry and cracked. I had to find a solution quick, so I made a prototype visor for my helmet.

Visor.JPG

It has been brilliant. It suffered a bit of misting one cool damp morning, but an application of Rainex, inside and out has cured that problem. The visor is made from a shatterproof safety visor. I just stuck it to the inside of my helmet with 3M VHB tape. The visor shelters my eyes and no flies. Happy cyclist. :)

Back