Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Wood&StuffLtd

Established Member
Reaction score
911C1EC6-BB4C-4A94-97CC-4E3D42F0C6D9.jpeg

Some I made earlier. Cracked pots from wood which had aleady split or split during turning. The table lamp is from a 6” dia pine straining post. I have sold 4 recently. The cracked pot with a stainless steel bolt is an abstract art piece entltled “chasm of the stolen vote”, a metaphor of the recent US presidential election. It is turned in highly polished pittosporum. The small pot with bark is from an apple tree root. Keeps one busy during lockdown!

Britman

Chip of the old block
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Made a simple pigeon hole style shelf for my collection of vintage cameras.

Also my first time using an airless sprayer the Wagner W100.

I'm pretty happy with results, I need more practice but ain't no way I'm going back to a brush and roller 🤣

Attachments

Fitzroy

All the gear...
Reaction score

I'm pretty happy with results, I need more practice but ain't no way I'm going back to a brush and roller 🤣
Oh I like that sprayer, didn’t realise you could get such a thing.

gregmcateer

Established Member
Reaction score
Me too.
I've tried a large sprayer with emulsion in a room, but very mixed results and waste a lot of paint and use lots of water cleaning - how did you find that to use and clean?

Britman

Chip of the old block
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Me too.
I've tried a large sprayer with emulsion in a room, but very mixed results and waste a lot of paint and use lots of water cleaning - how did you find that to use and clean?
Use was extremely easy. Ready to go out the box.
Cleaning was very easy, partly because I lined the paint pot with a plastic food bag.
So when I'd finished all I need to do was take out the bag put some clean water in the pot with a tiny drop of washing up liquid and run the sprayer for a few minutes. This flushed out the system. The pot was left clean.

For the amount of times I'll use it the £50 purchase price is a bargain.

Mick p

Established Member
Reaction score

The display looks great the grey shows the cameras off very well
is this of interest to you if so you’re welcome to it

Attachments

Britman

Chip of the old block
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
The display looks great the grey shows the cameras off very well
is this of interest to you if so you’re welcome to it
Very much appreciated the offer but I'm not really interested in old Cine film cameras. You can still get the 8mm film for them.

PeteHB

Established Member
Reaction score
You can still get 35mm film and developing chemicals and paper.(y) I have several Nikons but you can't have them:LOL:

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
Adirondack patio set from reclaimed timber
Looks great - Was that from a published plan? - if so I'd like a copy please . . . and when you say reclaimed timber - reclaimed from what? (I make loads of stuff from pallets (just planing the timber very lightly to smooth it)

I've seen loads of Adirondack plans but most look over-complicated/over-engineered - your set looks much better

BEE13

Making shavings
Reaction score
Actually, it's not finished yet, the making process is going to go on for some time, but I've just returned to volunteering at the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and we're building a full size working replica of a WW1 (very) fast torpedo boat known as a CMB (Coastal Motor Boat).

I've been involved since the start, helping with the lofting, building and setting out the moulds, the basic framework including steam bending and, now, planking.

This is a cutting edge 40' lightweight boat that was capable of 40 knots over 100 years ago (!) but our replica will have a more powerful engine but won't be carrying live torpedoes! The boatbuilding techniques are more akin to aircraft technology than traditional boatbuilding. It's a totally unique project and I count myself lucky to be involved,especially as I'm a retired Chartered Building Surveyor, not a professional boatbuilder! I'm really glad to be back to the project.

Attachments

rob1693

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks great - Was that from a published plan? - if so I'd like a copy please . . . and when you say reclaimed timber - reclaimed from what? (I make loads of stuff from pallets (just planing the timber very lightly to smooth it)

I've seen loads of Adirondack plans but most look over-complicated/over-engineered - your set looks much better
I used norm abrams plans and took templates from what I produced in 9mm ply for easier making of future ones , the table and footrest he made in the 20th anniversary edition couldn't find plans for those so winged it from picture

Attachments

rob1693

Established Member
Reaction score
I used norm abrams plans and took templates from what I produced in 9mm ply for easier making of future ones , the table and footrest he made in the 20th anniversary edition couldn't find plans for those so winged it from picture
Reclaimed pine bed and wardrobe i found in a skip