Possibly the best table saw in the world!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louie10

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought my Laguna Fusion 3 Table Saw was due a blade change, after all the blade fitted was the factory blade that came as new and although it would cut it was less than convincing leaving burn marks and sounding loud. Of I popped to my local Screwfix when I spied a mouth watering Freud Pro Cut 60tooth red Teflon anti kickback 10inch table saw blade. At £41 I did expect a good cut but I got way more than That, the burning now was long gone and the cut face finish was flat, smooth and very polished. One major element I didn't consider was the huge reduction in noise, the new Freud Pro Cut Blade is whisper quiet, a massive improvement in cut quality, no burning and best of all very easy on the ears, so if you are thinking about a new blade then I would happily point you towards Freud's Pro Cut Blades.

Attachments

• 20210309_171947.jpg
    20210309_171947.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 20210309_171940.jpg
    20210309_171940.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Nothing like a fresh blade.

On a side note I noticed the overhead blade guard on your saw. Something I need for my old startrite. I wonder is it a "universal" type or did it come with the Saw?
Wondering if it might work on mine.

Ollie

Nothing like a fresh blade.

On a side note I noticed the overhead blade guard on your saw. Something I need for my old startrite. I wonder is it a "universal" type or did it come with the Saw?
Wondering if it might work on mine.

Ollie
Hi Ollie,
I bought the crown guard from Axminster tools and it is very ajustable, I would imagine it would stand over your table saw pal, clever bit of kit, helps with the dust control.

Have the same blade on my saw and it is superb, the saw came with a Bosch pro blade that gave a great cut but produced a shrill high pitched whine, changed blade and little more than a pleasant hum (y) :)

Have the same blade on my saw and it is superb, the saw came with a Bosch pro blade that gave a great cut but produced a shrill high pitched whine, changed blade and little more than a pleasant hum (y) :)
Thanks Mark, I couldn't agree more, when I fired up the fusion I couldnt believe the sound difference.

I’m trying not to be pedantic but really your title is a little misleading.
I am not great with words, I guess I was endeavouring to say That because of this blade on my fusion 3 then this table saw is close to being the best in the world for its price bracket. I will try and correct future titles as best I can.

The oe blade on mine didn't strike me as that loud although that's perhaps because my extractor is rather loud and the blades not seen as much action as yours has yet. I also have the same crown guard which I've had an issue or two with, most notably I recently knocked it over (it's not yet fixed,just free standing, as I'm still refining my workshop layout) and broke the white plastic arm that clamps onto the framework suspending the entire crown guard :cry: . Part of the issue I have in siting it exactly is how far it needs to be from the saw blade which you look like you've addressed on yours by shortening the length of the overhead extraction tube that the guard is suspended from.

The oe blade on mine didn't strike me as that loud although that's perhaps because my extractor is rather loud and the blades not seen as much action as yours has yet. I also have the same crown guard which I've had an issue or two with, most notably I recently knocked it over (it's not yet fixed,just free standing, as I'm still refining my workshop layout) and broke the white plastic arm that clamps onto the framework suspending the entire crown guard :cry: . Part of the issue I have in siting it exactly is how far it needs to be from the saw blade which you look like you've addressed on yours by shortening the length of the overhead extraction tube that the guard is suspended from.
Hi, yes it does take alittle bit of fiddling with the crown guard to get it just right. Over all it's a good bit of kit, I would say that its dust collection is good, although your extractors powers plays a big roll there, the downside is that I find it gets in the way when pushing lengths through the table saw but it's good out weighs it's bad. Regards Louie

Hi Louie
I nipped down to Screwfix and bought that blade for my Dewalt 745
It's a blade for all seasons :) cross and long grain are fine

Back