Porta Cable Profile Sander on offer (MAYBE NOT Porter Cable)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Roger/Neil,

I'd check before buying as its being sold as PORTA CABLE not PORTER CABLE.
The Porter Cable model is 9444VS, whereas this one has a model number 2394456.
I've been trying to find a link to Porta Cable, and a company in Argentina is about the only one I can get to come up, but this is sketchy, with no info about any powertools.
It might be that the manufacturer is another chiwanese one that has used a similar design and then sell it with a very similar name. As an example, Boschman products are big sellers on Ebay, no doubt picking up a lot of custom through name association rather than quality.
Not sure about this one though!

Cheers,
Andy

Well spotted Andy. Best to check with them or talk to Hamilton Power Tools who are the official PC importer.

Rgds

Noel

Woah....hang on guys..all fair comment but I think we're being a bit hasty to condemn here?

Passing off etc. Just called ITS and it is a typo on the website.

Roger

As I said in my initial posting, I wasn't too sure about it, and it was worth checking before commiting.
My main concern was differing model numbers which set me thinking...

cheers,
Andy

Hi Roger

I contacted them via their web site first thing this morning and they haven't got back.

Also, all of the accessories are Porta Cable.

I really hope that it is genuine.

Cheers
Neil

Interesting....doing a Google search for Porta Cable produces a huge number of hits...which look like laziness at the spellchecker, to be honest.

So while we're sorting this out could my post title be re-re-edited to 'Maybe' rather than 'Not' :?

Thanks
Roger

As Andy mentioned, check it out. Ring Hamiltons on (01206) 798600 and they will confirm that they are genuine PC products. The model never really sold that well in the UK. Several members have bought them from other sources (mostly the bay) and been happy.

Noel

Just checked with Hamiltons...ITS London are one of their outlets...they think it's a typo. I've got one of the already and can recommend it...very low vibration. Only drawback is that, in common with most (if not all) other profile sanders, the sandpaper comes off of the profiles a bit too easily.

For the record I've got a Bosch green belt sander...rarely used now that I have a Skil ROS..but the Skil is also showing signs of age....huge vibration now

..a Bosch green delta sander...wore out once and Bosch replaced FOC...but it IS the one that I usually pick up in preference to the Porter Cable....which stays in its box and is only used for woodworking

As a matter of interest, Hamiltons say that they will be stopping stocking PC post-Black&Decker takeover

Roger

Back