Popular Woodworking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paisawood

Established Member
Reaction score
The October issue of PW arrived yesterday and the replacement issue which I requested 3 weeks ago arrived today! 2nd time that this has happened.

Will send the spare copy to the first person to send me a PM with their address.

David

balls......... never read the mag, would have been a good start

Never mind

Andy

Andy,

Drop me a PM with your address and you can have the one that turned up here yesterday. I had the replacement one about a month ago. :roll: Might have to wait 'til I get back from the show though.

Cheers, Alf

My replacement October one arrived yesterday and the November one turned up this morning by airmail!

Go figure.

Cheers

Tim

tim":1gi4d04g said:
November one turned up this morning by airmail!
If mine isn't waiting for me on the mat when I get home on Friday, PWW's sub service can expect a strongly worded email. :evil: Sheesh, I love the mag, but I'm seriously wondering why I'm even considering renewing my sub. ](*,)

Cheers, Alf

Hi,

I subscribed to pop wood on the 17th of August........How many issues should i have recieved ????......as i have'nt recieved anything yet :evil:

Reading your posts i should have recieved atleast 2 possibly 3 issues....have i got yhis right ??? and it's time for a strongly worded email to there subs department :D

Cheers

Hi Nailer - depends which issue your sub started with; although there was an August issue, that would have been on sale in the US around June so I'm not sure they'd have sent you that one for an August start date.

So, there's October and November. I had been working on the basis that my copies (surface mail only) arrive in the month of the publication date (ie, I get my October issue in October, although US readers get it around two months before that, and UK airmail subscribers somewhere in between). However, my October issue didn't turn up until yesterday :roll:.

It's a great magazine (great website, too) but their subs service is the worst I've ever come across.

Anyway, I'd certainly e-mail them and ask where your October issue is. On past performance they'll apologise, extend your subscription by a couple of months, and then your 'missing' copy will turn up a few weeks down the line.

Nailer, did you get your sub direct from the publisher of through a clearing house like magazinecity.com? if the latter it's quite normal to have to wait anything up to 3 months for them to start arriving. It's a bit of a pain but they do seem to arrive reqularly once they start and it's normally at a considerable saving.

They should have notified you when you subscribed though.

---------------------
Simon

Unlucky Alf":1f9g1di4 said:
Nailer, did you get your sub direct from the publisher of through a clearing house like magazinecity.com? Simon

Its the publishers distribution thats the problem. There has been a lot of threads on this already. They know about it (the publishers), just have chosen not to do anything about it (so far). However I've emailed some of the editorial team on a few occasions now, so at least they've been warned of the problems.

Adam

Alf":1umypfe7 said:
<snip> If mine isn't waiting for me on the mat when I get home on Friday, PWW's sub service can expect a strongly worded email. :evil:

I had to resort to writing a strongly worded e-mail to the editor of PWW a couple of weeks ago - after realising (doh!) I had had no mags since June 2005! He acted quickly to rectify the situation, but no real explanation why it had occurred - again (possibly the 3rd or 4th problem in a less than 2 years!)

Come on PWW - sort yourselves out. It's only because it's my favorite magazine that I persevere!

Cheers

Gidon

tim":33oh21ad said:
Gidon

Did you let him know about all these threads on this forum?

Cheers

Tim

<jumping in somewhat>

I certainly do. I reckon on 4-5 occasions I've emailed them with the thread and a complaint, so I've no doubt they know exactly what is going on. I've cut and pasted comments to them, and from the emails, they must have come and read things. I've got at least three email addresses on the production team, including the person responsible for distribution.

Adam

Tim - on this occasion I just mentioned that I know of many UK woodworkers in the same position. But previously I have written to Chris Schwarz and mentioned this forum. As Adam says, I'm pretty sure they are aware of the situation - they don't seem to be able to rectify it! Maybe international subscriptions are only a very small percentage of their sales - although I'm not so sure.

Cheers

Gidon

gidon":34hl8tbe said:
Maybe international subscriptions are only a very small percentage of their sales - although I'm not so sure.
Cheers Gidon

Maybe its just deliveries to the UK causing problems.

Adam

Adam":35xsph0u said:
gidon":35xsph0u said:
Maybe international subscriptions are only a very small percentage of their sales - although I'm not so sure.
Cheers Gidon

Maybe its just deliveries to the UK causing problems.

Adam

Could be. To be fair we are only paying for surface mail (I think?) - and maybe that's the problem - seemingly it's not very reliable. But I'm not sure I'd want to pay airmail prices ...

Cheers

Gidon

But FWW do the same and I don't think that in 4 years of subscribing to them I've had one non delivery.

I've been subscribing to PWW for 6 months and I haven't had a single one turn up when it was supposed to. Doesn't matter how big the subscriber market is - they have taken my money and are contracted to provide the product. Their management of this is unbelievably shoddy!

Cheers

Tim

I subscribed back in July and they took my money on the 14th after
having read the posts about the delays I did nothing until 2 weeks ago when I checked my account which showed waiting for payment so after many mails and info on transaction details I received an apology and my subscription extended to October 2007
on Monday I received the October issue
on Tuesday I received the November issue
today I received the August issue
its true what they say if you wait long enough 3 will come along together

happy reading Nigel

I haven't received Novembers issue yet but my 'spare' copy arrived today, with the same post as the original :whistle: . If anyone wants it, PM your address.

I liked the idea of using inline skate wheels to hold the work against the fence in the drill press article, quite neat.

-Michael

Back