Popular Woodworking c'est arrive!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ho Ho!! I got mine 2 days ago :)

But still haven't received last issue despite emailing them :(

Very arty new avatar, Alf - have you been playing with your image manipulation software? :wink:

NeilCFD

Tony":3snn1joo said:
Funny, think I got two of them... :p

Neil, yeah, I decided to get in touch with my asthetic side :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":1ls8a9p2 said:
Tony":1ls8a9p2 said:
Funny, think I got two of them... :p

Cheers, Alf

If you could just drop mine in the next time you're passing :wink:

Neil,

Well there's a real drive towards more hand tool articles, so maybe not exactly your beverage of choice. :wink: Not that there aren't plenty of power tool articles, jig ideas etc etc. It's easily in at number two behind FWW, and if the PWW issue is particularly good, and the FWW a bit off colour, then PWW gets top spot for me. Well worth a browse of their site to see what you think.

Cheers, Alf

Hi Neil

I subscribe to two mags, FWW and Popular Woodworking although I am expecting a further subscription to start pretty soon :p :wink:

I really like Pop woodworking and agree with Alf that it is a close second to FWW. They do seem to have a bias towards had tools (especially in latest edition) but normites would still like it.
They often have big projects a la FWW but generally their projects are more realistic for the likes of us mortals.

If you talk nicely to your local WH Smiths, they will get it in for you to have a gander, however the subscription is only $34.95 (£19.18) for two years

howdy All,
My first issue of pop Wood has turned up too!
First impressions......
Obviously American
good photo's
Lot's of tips
good plans
high quality
lots of hand tools related stuff as well as machines.

Haven't finished going over it completely yet but I like it. Not better than FWW in my opinion but very close, and definitely worth a read.
(I took advantage of their online subscription for a piddly amount-cheers Alf, Gidon!)
regards,
Philly :D

Mine arrived on the same day as you Alf - seems to be an eternity between issues! Can't understand why they don't publish it every month.

I really like PW - as much as FWW and some months more (shock, horror). It's a little more practical than FWW - I often find myself trying something up in my workshop after reading it. That doesn't happen that much with FWW. But they are both excellent magazines - and pretty reasonable to subscribe to too.

I think Chris Schwarz is the hand tools enthusiast - and seems to provide a lot of informed input. I've even seen him lurking around some newsgroups (not this one though - yet ...)

Cheers

Gidon

Hi All,
Well, just like buses another August copy turned up today! Don't know why but if someone would like a free copy of Pop Wood drop us a PM. First come first served (unless you bribe me :wink: )
cheers
Philly :D

Tony":1xkh2t4j said:
subscription is only $34.95 (£19.18 ) for two years

Tony,

How do you get it at this price? (Is this a moderator perk :wink: )
I have just had a 'Free issue' mail from them, the sub rates from their web site are $27.96 for surface or $59.96 air mail for one year, 7 issues.
I do like the look of the magazine and often go to their web site but it does seem quite expensive.

Dave

This price came from my subscription renewal notice.

If you go online now, they have an offer of 2 years for the price of one which is $27.96 for two years subscription.

A bargain for such a great mag

I have just bought a copy of PW after the positive comments I have seen recently and I have to say I agree with those who have lauded it. I have now signed up for it.

One of the editors (Christopher Schwarz) is a regular on the Woodcentral Hand Tools forum and he talks a lot of sense. The magazine itself seems to have improved greatly in the recent past whilst a competitor (American Woodworker) has gone down fast under the ownership of Reader's Digest.

Tony,

Thanks for prompting me to go and look round the site again.
They seem to running 2 'special offers' at the same time. 1 issue free or 1 year free, humm let me think which should I pick :shock: All signed up for the next 2 years. 8)

So If you are interested keep digging on the site until you get to the 1 year free offer.

Now I'm sure I signed up for 1 year free, but I have a horrible feeling the label said the sub expired next June... :shock: Must remember to check that next time. :(

Cheers, Alf

Back