Popular Woodworking (again!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Time again for that hardy perennial, where's my Popular Woodworking?

I notice that our American cousins have been discussing the June issue since mid-April. Since it now really is June, I'm wondering where my copy is. Any of the resident subscribers here seen theirs, or is this another issue lost over the Atlantic?

Hi Pete

Nah, still waiting. It should be here soon though. :lol:

PWW must already have lost a fortune with the two-year deal that they ran. They even sent me one copy by airmail that cost, iirc, nine dollars. :shock:

Yours, ever hopeful
Neil

Thanks, Neil. I'll try to patient a little longer :).

Tony, ditto my copy of GWW. Although I can't be sure since I spent last week on the beaches of Barbados (now that's a gloat :D )

Bizarrely, this time I got my issue at the tail end of May - rather earlier than expected. :roll: It's a bit of a lottery, isn't it? ](*,)

Cheers, Alf

i emailed them my copy will be in the post :( i signed up for the two year deal now they are saying i am only down for four copies anyone else had this on ther web site ??

Frank, yep, I had that. I pointed it out to them that it said my sub expired too soon when I'd gone for the 2 year deal and they just said "yes, that's right" like I was nuts and everything was perfectly right. And then went and corrected it... :roll: ](*,)

Cheers, Alf

Now come on folks I only recieved my Feb Issue a couple of weeks ago......I will have them stacking up at this rate

Bean

bean i would send you my april issue BUT it is too interesting it even has 5 pages on the festool thingys they keep talking about, its no good i will have to read it again :D .time for a cuppa :wink: :wink:

Yeah thanks frank :wink:

Methinks your right neil, but its sort of fun trying to guess what will arrive next.

Bean

Hi Pete

Yes, yes, yes.

June the 18th and it's arrived. The June issue that is.

Didn't I tell you all you had to do was wait. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":1rxzf9ti said:
Didn't I tell you all you had to do was wait.

Oh yes, that's what you said. And, yes, that's what I'm doing. :roll:.

Glad you got yours... and it's good to know it might be imminent. Maybe tomorrow :)

What can i say mine has arrived as well, and its the right months edition :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just off for a read

Bean

Well, today was the day :)

Another good issue, I thought. The LN-vs-LV plane was very enjoyable and informative, and plenty more reading (and re-reading - I think I'll be revisiting Adam Cherubini's treatise on chisels often).

Now, any guesses when the August issue might turn up? :roll:

I have not received any magazine since they acknowledged my subscription on 24th March.

Anyway after a couple of attempts to get them to send a copy I emailed the editor to cancel and received this reply

‘I couldn't agree with you more. We ought to be capable of providing far better service than this. And as you have discovered, yours is not an isolated case. I and my staff have for some time tried to convince those responsible for this within our own organization to remedy this problem. For a long time, there was apparently no will to try. I understand some effort is currently being made to correct the problem and hope that some day it will be rectified. I fully understand your frustration and conclusion to give up on receiving reasonable service. We will process a refund for your order.

Well I’ve given up for now, but I hope there is a time when you all suddenly report the service is all hunky dory, when I may reach for the plastic again. Compare this to a US jewellery magazine my wife recently subscribed to. One week later she received the current mag. and then the first two months arrived bang on time. The were all posted from the USA.

Sob :(

If the subscription route doesn't work just order it from your local newsagents. I do and get it about 2 weeks or so after the earliest, on time, subscription delivery. And you get the extra, special editions too.

Noel

bg,

Its only Popular Woodworking that has this problem, I get Wood and Woodsmith from the states and they both come on time everytime. :roll:

Back