Poplar plywood suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starlingwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any poplar plywood suppliers? I only need 8 sheets, would normally go for Birch but prices are putting me off and a couple of places over seen are out of stock with no idea of when they will re-stock.

Chiltern timber have it at £150+VAT + delivery for 18mm. Is this just a fair price to be expected? What is it like anyway? Have used solid Poplar in furniture and it was not the prettiest colour but was great as it was painted in the end.

Does anyone know of any poplar plywood suppliers? I only need 8 sheets, would normally go for Birch but prices are putting me off and a couple of places over seen are out of stock with no idea of when they will re-stock.

Chiltern timber have it at £150+VAT + delivery for 18mm. Is this just a fair price to be expected? What is it like anyway? Have used solid Poplar in furniture and it was not the prettiest colour but was great as it was painted in the end.
I bought some about a month ago from Hanson plywood in Halifax.
It was something like £70 with vat for 18mm, no patches but one side had some filler.

It's flatter and lighter than birch, but the faces are a bit softer and the edges splinter easier

Latest posts

Back