Pop Woodworking Offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Philly,

Thanks for the link.

You are obviously very happy with it. Can you just confirm that you find delivery reliable & okay?

Cheers,

Trev.

Hi Trev,
There are a few of us here who subscribe-copy turns up fairly regularly! I complained that I hadn't recieved a copy and two of the same turned up within a week.......
Definitely worth subscribing though-it's easily as good as Fine Woodworking.
best regards
Philly :D

PWW subs are very like FWW's were a couple of years ago. The content is just about worth the hassle of waiting for your copy to finally arrive. :( I took out a year's sub and I think it was four of the seven issues I had to chase up :? , but it's so worth having I took out a two-years-for-one sub again earlier this year, despite my reservations. Depends how much patience you have, Trev. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf & Philly,

Ta muchly for the info. 'Tis said that "patience is a virtue" so I must be quite virtuous (amazing, methinks) :roll: Knowing where I stand, I can cope with that so I'll give it a go. It certainly sounds a good deal.

Cheers,

Trev.

trevtheturner":1czlwi7b said:
Alf & Philly,

Ta muchly for the info. 'Tis said that "patience is a virtue" so I must be quite virtuous (amazing, methinks) :roll: Knowing where I stand, I can cope with that so I'll give it a go. It certainly sounds a good deal.

Cheers,

Trev.

I've been in "discussions" with their editorial team - about not recieving a single copy since my subscription in June. I now have 3 copies of each of the issues I ought to have (given away already before you ask). Chris Schwarz (Editor) is on the case, as I emailed him direct - so they know of (and presumably are) sorting out the issues. When a copy doesn't arrive, you fill out a "webform" but this is all redirects from the subscriptions/mailing company - so Pop_WW themselves never knew how bad it had got. Anyway, they seem to be on the right track now. Chris was very helpful - on the subject of our little forum here he writes..."I really should start lurking/posting here. I'm looking for the customer service problems but I'm being distracted by some of the interesting discussions." An on the subscriptions issue..."Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We really had no idea that our overseas subscribers were experiencing delivery problems of this magnitude. We will address this issue and I've passed your email along to our Production Supervisor so that he can share them with our bindery. "

So that's another one lurking around in the background, and hopefully our international issues should be a bit more regular! :D

Adam

I subscribed but hadn't received any copies as well. After reading Adam's post I emailed Chris Schwarz direct and received a reply within 15 mins apologising for the missing copies and offering to put copies in the post today. Hope it is worth the wait. If I receive duplicates i'll put them on offer here.

John

same experience. Doesn't always turn up but worth it when it does. An email always sorts out missing issues.

I have subscribed for 2 years and just renewed for a further 2.

Worth the money.

Well, for the sake of completeness, I'll add that my experience is precisely the same. I took out a two-year sub in August after recommendations here, and so far haven't received a single copy.

I did the webform thing earlier this week and have been promised that my sub will be extended to compensate for the missing issue(s). I didn't realise - until Adam's post above - that this was from an external mailing operation, so if Chris Schwarz is lurking and reading, he can add my name to the list of international complaints.

Pete

Pete W":1vuno8uu said:
I did the webform thing earlier this week and have been promised that my sub will be extended to compensate for the missing issue(s).
Pete, if you'd sooner have the issue/s you missed, just email back and ask. Useful if you've missed out one in a sequence or whathaveyou.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":f98liudp said:
Pete, if you'd sooner have the issue/s you missed, just email back and ask. Useful if you've missed out one in a sequence or whathaveyou.

Thanks Alf - I'll have to check the website and see what I've been missing. Since the only other issue of PWW I've seen was quite a few months ago, I'm not worried about anything specific.

On a brighter note, my first subscription issue of GWW arrived this morning. Took out the sub at D&M's show last month, and Future didn't hit my credit card until end of last week :).

Back