Poor service from tool supplier!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imperial

Established Member
Reaction score
Have just spent a full day waiting for a courier to arrive to pick up a faulty router purchased from Tooled-up.com. They only replace items when they receive the faulty one, so 3 days will be lost waiting for delivery/ uplift, if they turn up.I could have driven the router to the returns dept in 30 mins if I'd known this was going to happen. Customer service from call center shoddy to say the least.

Anyone else had dealings with them? I won't be using them again.

Hope naming them is not a problem..........

:evil:

Clearly I cannot comment on this case but we have regular problems with remote collections where a 3rd carrier is booked but just doesn't turn up as promised. Picking up from one fixed route is fine, something different causes problems it would seem.

This is probably something that will improve. Until then disgruntled customers feel even worse.

Martin

It would appear that the company concerned have been telling me porkies re the uplift! A courier is now coming this evening and has said they were only asked 1 hr ago to do so, they were the original uplifter, so the company did not make the arrangements to collect said item and didn't check that it was for uplift at all until 1 hr before the deadline ! hope that makes sense? Why don't they just tell the truth and admit they Cocked it up, I'd prefer that and would have more respect for them, as it stands I don't / won't believe a word they say.

I only hope the new one turns up and they don't try and say I broke the
%@$#ing thing..........

It seems that many organisation plus the government can't bring themselves to say the S word.

About 20 years ago I bought something big & expensive (not woody related) and there was an error. The Manager immediately said it was their fault and did all he could to sort it out. Since then I've been a loyal customer and have recommended the company to lots of people.

If only companies would invest a fraction of their advertising budget into customer relations many more people would be happy and wealthy.

Main reason I buy from B&Q is their returns policy.

My comment has nothing to do with the company, but on a general note, care has to be taken over what is said by companies due to the amount of claims that are being made. Your router was faulty, you have lost three days work, and a contract you were bidding on has now been lost because you couldn't offer gurantees. With the right 'bottom feeder' solicitor a claim can be developed so easily for a lot of money. I'm afraid however you wish to look at the 'good ole days' society in this country is no longer like that.

Free,

Sorry but that's just a load of old bar room myth!!

Any civil claim requires the equipment seller to have a duty.

Believe me, at work, I play with big boys in the construction business and no claim such as you suggest has ever happened.

The courts would say the works contractor should have contingency plan to cover equipment breakdowns and none delivery of goods as they are both foreseeable.

Lurker,
Sorry I don't agree. Freetochat has summed up the situation that 'could' arise, albeit with a smart buttocks lawyer, a client with more money than sense, and a supplier who wanted to be honest.

OK, so in your job, there's big contracts, lots of repeat business, etc. and I'm sure you are right, but the fact remains that these days no supplier can rest easy at night if he tells the truth, people will sue at the 'drop of a hat' mentallity is so widespread nowadays.

Just look at one of the forum members who got hold of some lovely paving slabs for his workshop from the local council. Why, because despite being there for hundreds of years the people of that town have discovered that if they trip up (Deliberately or accidentally) they can sue the council and get loads of compensation.

And I understood from reading his workshop story that is exactly what had been happening.

Just to be clear, All I want is for them to be honest and say they forgot to make the arrangements! they could have given me my new router and picked up the faulty one at the same time, Nah! they'd rather lose the customer who'll never buy from them again, and bad mouths them to everyone who'll listen! I don't get it.........

lurker":2gud9gsk said:
Free,

Sorry but that's just a load of old bar room myth!!

Any civil claim requires the equipment seller to have a duty.

Believe me, at work, I play with big boys in the construction business and no claim such as you suggest has ever happened.

The courts would say the works contractor should have contingency plan to cover equipment breakdowns and none delivery of goods as they are both foreseeable.

I'm sorry, but my experience in owning and running three companies is different to yours having to fend off many claims which were only 'something for nothing' and ignited by the no win, no fee system that came into play. Many colleagues settled rather than fighting. Just look at the recent report from the insurance companies of fraudulent claims costing 4 million a day.

Free to chat, I have also ran my own company and didn't ever feel the need to lie to customers! If I said I'd do something by Monday I'd make sure I did. I never lost a customer in 11yrs of trading, and if I got something wrong I'd admit it, nobody ever tried to sue me!!!!!!!!

Bloonose":2059o29p said:
It would appear that the company concerned have been telling me porkies re the uplift! A courier is now coming this evening and has said they were only asked 1 hr ago to do so, they were the original uplifter, so the company did not make the arrangements to collect said item and didn't check that it was for uplift at all until 1 hr before the deadline !

...or of course the courier company could be lying to cover up their mistake...

Terry Smart":3l0kbr1l said:
Bloonose":3l0kbr1l said:
It would appear that the company concerned have been telling me porkies re the uplift! A courier is now coming this evening and has said they were only asked 1 hr ago to do so, they were the original uplifter, so the company did not make the arrangements to collect said item and didn't check that it was for uplift at all until 1 hr before the deadline !

...or of course the courier company could be lying to cover up their mistake...

Does that really happen? :shock: :shock:

Cheers
Neil

Bloonose - I think you were fortunate, also assuming that your company was not a large plc. I would agree that people (and they smart buttocks lawyers) are less likely to sue. But, if your a local council, a large plc, or lets say a media personality, then suing is the name of the game these days regardless of the rights or wrongs of a case.

And lets not forget the thousands of cases where people have sued individual home owners for injuries (real and not so real) while visiting their properties.

Back