Poolewood Euro 1000 Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Chippy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. When I lived in Sittingbourne Kent I purchased a new Poolewood Euro 1000 lathe in 1999. Although there is nothing wrong with the lathe I am now a little concerned about the connecting piece between the motor and the drive spindle. I think it's made of nylon or some other plastic. Poolewood are no longer making these lathes. Does anyone know if a replacement part is available ? Thanks

Hi all. When I lived in Sittingbourne Kent I purchased a new Poolewood Euro 1000 lathe in 1999. Although there is nothing wrong with the lathe I am now a little concerned about the connecting piece between the motor and the drive spindle. I think it's made of nylon or some other plastic. Poolewood are no longer making these lathes. Does anyone know if a replacement part is available ? Thanks
I guess it'd be far eastern under Poolewood brand. Could be wrong. These chaps might know poolewood Euro 1000

Poolewood sold out to another company. The original poolewood I purchase the lathe from acquired all the lathes for them to assemble from a company called something like Silver drive or a name like that

Last edited:
Poolewood old out to another company. The original poolewood I purchase the lathe from acquired all the lathes for them to assemble from a company called something like Silver drive or a name like that
Silverline??

Poolewood was a British company and the lathes were made in Britain, at least some of the time by Silverdrive, but Poolewood (Terry Davis?) and Silverdrive fell out so there were a number of variants over the course of time. If your Euro has a drive rubber, it will be a simple stock component costing a few quid.
Something like these perhaps: Rubber Replacement Elements.
Sorry I can't be more specific.
Duncan

Hi Duncan. I used to be a member of the Kent branch of the A.W.G.B. and the Orchard Woodturners, Terry fell out with Silverdrive because Terry had agreed to have sole selling rights but Silverdrive started selling straight to the public without discussing with Terry. We used to have meetings in the room above Poolewood shop. The last I new about Terry Davis was he sold Poolewood to another company A few years ago I contacted Poolewood but they told me they did not know anything about the old Euro lathes.

can u supply a photo of the part pls......it makes helping u a lot easier.....
quite a lot on here have engineering backrounds and can help to find /make stuff without the need of original parts.....
ur lathe wont be a junker as there are always work arounds...

can u supply a photo of the part pls......it makes helping u a lot easier.....
quite a lot on here have engineering backrounds and can help to find /make stuff without the need of original parts.....
ur lathe wont be a junker as there are always work arounds...
I will take a photo and see if I can download it. I think this was intended to be a sacrificial part if a major jam up occurred, as the lathe is a direct drive from motor to spindle and be the first part to break. That's why it's made of nylon etc.

Would it be something that could be done with a 3d printer?
Possibly but I would have to remove it from the lathe, and as it's still working and at the moment OK I have no wish to disturb it but that's a good idea.

Back