Poolewood controls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanericson

Reaction score
Morning everyone, this is my first post so be gentle.
Poolewood Euro 2000
After 6 months of not getting on my lathe I got set up for a project only to find the lathe speed was at max ( 3500 ) but when I turn it down completely it only went down to 3436. I’ve blown the dust out and dismantled the speed control (all seams ok ) now goes down to 3354.
Any ideas? I’m not very technical ( electrical)
Thanks in advance
Eric

Not sure on how the control works on yours exactly. However have you checked to see if the speed control knob is attached to the shaft and not just spinning on it.

I just had the same thing with my drum sander conveyer speed control. It turned out the grub screw attaching the knob to the shaft had come loose which meant the knob was free to turn and didn't actually engage with the shaft.

Not sure on how the control works on yours exactly. However have you checked to see if the speed control knob is attached to the shaft and not just spinning on it.

I just had the same thing with my drum sander conveyer speed control. It turned out the grub screw attaching the knob to the shaft had come loose which meant the knob was free to turn and didn't actually engage with the shaft.
Hi, yep that’s fine as I’ve taken the knob off to check the internals and it looks ok

Almost certainly a break in the low voltage reference connection in or to the control potentiometer. A competent electronics hobbyist/ professional should be able to fix it.

Almost certainly a break in the low voltage reference connection in or to the control potentiometer. A competent electronics hobbyist/ professional should be able to fix it.
I don’t know what that means but I’ve got lucky, changing the speed control switch has resolved it. And I’ve ordered another switch as this was a problem when I got the lathe 15 years ago. Thanks all, I’m off to make something.

Latest posts

Back