polyururethane glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

llangatwgnedd

Established Member
Reaction score
polyururethane glue

Bought this stuff yesterday and used it for the first time ever

What I want to know is "what is the shelf life on this stuff"?

Months or years?

Cheers

Scrit

Established Member
Reaction score
Most manufacturers seem to quote shelf life of 6 to 9 months, less after opening. Because it is moisture reactive always close the bottle immediately after use and don't let it freeze - that completely banjaxes it. Just like expanding urethane foam it needs to be used in a warm-ish environment, so don't try using it outside on a frosty night

Enjoy!

Scrit

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
S.P.
I've had a bottle of Gorilla glue open for about 9 months now, it still works fine. I squeeze the bottle till the glue almost reaches the top and then cap it to reduce the amount of air in the bottle. Don't know if that helps,
regards,
Philly :D

Scrit

Established Member
Reaction score
Philly

It certainly does, but what eventually happens is that a solid mass of semi-set PU glue forms in the middle of the bottle. BTW PU glues generally have a shelf life printed on the bottle in my experience, or at least the industrial/shopfitter sort that I use

Scrit

llangatwgnedd

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks both

Wudcare Fast Grab 500ml for £8 in Selco builders merchant no expiry date.

Which leads me onto this query

I have a pre-cast concrete garage murder do drill a hole in and I want to fix battens to it How good will this type of glue grab with tanalised battens/pre-cast concrete.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

How 'bout using gripfill instead? Seems to stick anything to anything.

Dewy

Established Member
Reaction score
My main gripe about PU glue is that I could only find it in 500mil which is too large for average home use. I then find it has begun setting in the jar next time I want to use it. At £8 I seem to throw away £7 worth. :cry:

Wouldnt it be nice if it was availible in smaller sizes? but then I would imagine the price would jump in comparison.