Polyurethane varnish recommendation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....... "so was after any recommendations of any in the UK I can look to use."

I have used Johnstones Quickdry Polyurethane Floor water based varnish for many years and it has done a good job. I have sprayed it, rolled it and used a brush. It takes well to solid wood and MDF and if you shop around you can get 2.5 litres for £25-30.

As the name implies, it dries very quickly and if you are coating a number of items you can de-nib and get a second coat on as soon as you have finished the the first coat, or when coating both sides, the first coated side is dry enough to turn over for the second side.

I have tried a number of other quick-dry water based polyurethane varnishes, but when you open the tin they are all pretty much the same and some can be much more expensive. I find the Johnstones product is readily available and, if you get it at a good price, the best value for money.

....... "so was after any recommendations of any in the UK I can look to use."

I have used Johnstones Quickdry Polyurethane Floor water based varnish for many years and it has done a good job. I have sprayed it, rolled it and used a brush. It takes well to solid wood and MDF and if you shop around you can get 2.5 litres for £25-30.

As the name implies, it dries very quickly and if you are coating a number of items you can de-nib and get a second coat on as soon as you have finished the the first coat, or when coating both sides, the first coated side is dry enough to turn over for the second side.

I have tried a number of other quick-dry water based polyurethane varnishes, but when you open the tin they are all pretty much the same and some can be much more expensive. I find the Johnstones product is readily available and, if you get it at a good price, the best value for money.

Thanks JBaz. I had been looking at the Johnstone's one so will probably give that a go.

Back