POLL - What do you pay for 1 cu ft of 1" sawn KD Am Wh

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you pay for 1 cu ft of 1" sawn KD Am Wh Oak?

• £10-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £15.01-20

• £20.01-25

• £25.01-30

• £30.01-35

• £35.01-40

• >£40

• Total voters
Newbie_Neil":1dv4msi0 said:
I was referring to your post on the hand tools section, which is quoted above. Doing a Neil appears to refer to anything from forgetting to sign in to passing an opinion on a web site. :wink:
Sorry, Neil. I see a leg, I pull it. :oops: Although many a person would be pleased and proud to become a legend in their own lifetime like that. Well maybe not like that exactly... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Chris

Good idea - I'll see if I can find some of my previous orders and pm you ...

Midnight - like the look of the yard you use - and nice you can pay for quartersawn.

Wood prices are funny though: I paid almost twice the cost of 1" Am Oak for some 2" stuff. Whereas, Am Ash is pretty much the same whatever the thickness. As is European Oak and some other species. Guess you could read many things into this but there certainly is little consistency!

FYI - I got the full price list from Atkins and Cripps today and the cheapest wood they sell is Dahoma at £11 / cu ft. Anyone heard of it? Next cheapest is Obeche at £12 / cu ft. Not heard of that either. And the wood they always tell me is very popular is Idigbo. I took home a scrap once and it was a nice wood - machined well - reminded me of Ash. Used a lot in the trade apparently. Works out about £15 / cu ft for any thicknessup to 3".

Cheers

Gidon

Oh Well
25% is better than nothing. The second picture works if you right click on the cross and choose open picture. But I obviously need a little practice at this sort of thing.
Never mind and a very big thank you to Adam ( Asleitch ) for lighting the path.

John

All the pictures are showing for me. That's 100% - have you tried refreshing your browser window?

Adam

Thanks Adam
I did like you said and refreshed and got three pictures refreshed again and got none so I guess there needs to be a little tweaking done somewhere. But never mind I'm feeling quite pleased and when I get home I shall have a look there and see what I've got.
Thanks a Lot

John

Hmm, I refreshed and they've gone again - although if I right click the "space" where the image should be and select "show picture" they appear.

I checked your code and it seems OK, perhaps imagestation is having an "off" day?

Adam

If you directly use the path to the image, the images is not available. Have you used a temporary account or something?

Adam

Not as far as I Know
I followed I thought exactly what you said.
I have now made four albums there with no problem at all.
Any more advice will be very gratefully received.
But thanks for trying so hard for me

John

Back