pocket screw source?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
I ordered pocket screws from a well known supplier (not Wilton) and they turned out to be coarse threaded. Well, that's no good for me, I don't have anything coarse in my workshop. Anyway, I rang them up and tried to explain what the problem was. It took 20 minutes to establisn several things-
1, that that was the only type they now stocked
2. that no-one else had complained
3. that they were unable to supply fine-threaded pocket screws
4 that they were going to refund my money

So, where should I be buying my pocket screws from? somebody with a fast and efficient mail order service, please

Thanks
John

:oops: Oh :oops:

I have "not-Wilton" at the moment then.
What's wrong with them?? Seem to do a perfect job to me?

johnelliott":2vzf5c69 said:
My original hint as to the identity of my supplier was too obscure, I was thinking carpets, years ago the top choices were Wilton and A.....ter!
You're not alone, Aragorn. There I was thinking "Wilton" were some supplier of obscure things like pocket hole screws and Festool... :oops: :oops: :oops: Still, at least I didn't actually get to the point of trying to Google for them. :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Wondering why she doesn't keep this embarrassment to herself? :|

For the avoidance of doubt-
The suppliers in my first post to this thread are Axminster, and the screws sent were coarse with approx 7 threads, quite unlike the ones in the photo on their website

I had a look at the Brimarc website but it seems they only sell the jogs, not the screws

John

John
Brimark definately sell the screws your looking for in50's 100's or 1,000's
Fine and course in various lengths. Best to phone

Back