Pocket jig opinions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cheaper Trend Jig is a nice bit of kit but, and for me its a big but, it does not have adjustable towers. This means that its perfectly pre set to use 30mm screws on material around 15 to 20mm, Trend says that is for 15 to 38mm but to my mind your not going to get a very strong joint, esp as Trend also say that the expensive Adjustable Tower version is also for up to 38mm. TBH I dont know why Trend made them like this when the Kreg ones are adjustable and they sell the range of screws to suit?
Steve

I went for the Kreg K5 in the end and its arrived today. So much better than the Rutlands one but then twice the price, so now happy. cheers all

I went for the Kreg K5 in the end and its arrived today. So much better than the Rutlands one but then twice the price,
I have had the Kreg jig for many years and it has been a great tool, and for heavier task there is the HD jig as well. Always use Kreg screws because they are designed for Kreg products and you may want to buy a few spare allen keys for the drill locking collar as they are imperial and some spare drivers are always handy, they are a square drive and do wear.

I bought the UJK one with all the trimmings and to be honest it is one of the few bits of kit I haven't got on with. Not used pocket holes before and this doesn't seem to work for me. The jig seems to be eating itself :( Not sure if it is my technique, the drill bit or the jig but it ain't working for me atm.

Latest posts

Back