Pocket hole screw jigs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience of using these jigs.
A|friend is making up loads of frames and racks and is thinking of buying one.
Screwfix do a cheap version and Axminster do a range including both Kreg and their own brand. Much more expensive - but there must be a difference
What do you use and what would you recommend?
For me I'd stick to biscuits.
Regards to all.
Mike H

[/b]

H
I have the Kreg pocket rocket-piece of cake to use and works well. Useful with or sometimes instead of biscuits.
Cheers
Philly :D

Hi I have just bought a pocket rocket and I'm really impressed, as Philly says its easy to use.
I was tempted by the others in Axminsters book but the kreg is sooo simple.

Bean

I have the Kreg 2000 set - really recommended. I would go for the newer one which has dust extraction options etc. Well worth the money.

Cheers

Tim

picked up the Trend half price a while back - works pretty good (my 11 year old daughter uses it!) but I think it costs more than the Kregg.

Hi Mike
Looks like these get the thumbs up. But before you go out spending your money, can I suggest you get the next copy of GW, in which, I believe, several will be tested. And if you are the make-it-rather-than-buy-it sort, I have a design for a router jig which does the same job, but keeps the screw perpendicular to the joint, thus reducing misalignment.

GW - bringing you what you want, when you want it.

Hmm, I think I'll try and sell that line to Nick :)

Back