Pocket hole jigs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it, many thanks Rob. Im just guessing that Kreg were the ones who popularised pocket hole jigs and then Trend followed on, I wonder why they didnt make provision for differing material sizes,,seems strange that they only expected people to use them on carcasses and light frames I suppose?
Steve.

Got it, many thanks Rob. Im just guessing that Kreg were the ones who popularised pocket hole jigs and then Trend followed on, I wonder why they didnt make provision for differing material sizes,,seems strange that they only expected people to use them on carcasses and light frames I suppose?
Steve.
Trend has two versions - one, more expensive, is adjustable for varying materials - I have the cheap, basic one! - although I do have an adjustable Kreg too.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it seemed better to carry on here than to start a new thread.

It looks like I'll be going for the Triton TW8CPHJ. Before I pull the trigger, I'd like to ask: will Krieg screws work with it, or will I be stuck using the less easy to find Triton screws?

That jig looks very similar to the Kreg version I am using, this is not there latest one but the K4MS Pocket Hole Jig. I cannot see why the Kreg screws would not work because it is the length that is important and the washer head.

The Kreg K4MS Pocket Hole Jig has been discontinued and if I was having to buy a new jig today then I would not want the latest offerings from Kreg except if I wanted to use a full blown pocket hole machine like this Foreman Pocket-Hole Machine

So my choice would be the Armor one and maybe still using the Kreg screws if they are easier to obtain. Take a look at this video and it shows how easy this jig is to use and setting the drill depth collar is a really simple.

I know it is more expensive but often if something is easy to setup and use then it will get used more, also if you get it from WWW you can use Paypal to pay in three so not big single outlay.

Back